94 accord clutch job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tomogchi

from start to were i am now, it took me about 2 hours of straight work; in my garage on 2 jack stands. lol
Tranny is completely unbolted and i have 2-3" (on top, maybe an 1/8th of an inch on the bottom) of room (i dont think thats going to cut it)- but is getting stuck. Between the shaft, and one of the upper tranny mount bolts, i cant get this thing to move enough to give me my clearance i need for the alignment tool
I've also run out of jacks stands, so i cannot place one under the motor and remove a mount or 2.
Is there any way to get the clearance i need to do this clutch?
Thanks
Bill

That transmission should fall right out if you have taken everythhing out like your supposed too. theres 2 mounts to the tranny, one is top and on the passenger side fender well, that needs to come completely out. the other is rear motor mount that has 3 bolts to the tranny , your going to have to turn the transmission a little and work it down letting the back fall back first and getting the shaft clear of the pressure plate. your not going to be able to put the clutch on with with the tranny in the way. Never heard of that one , make sure you ave a jack under the transmission when taking the top tranny mount off. it will fall to the ground.

You should only need 2 jack stands for this job. The tranny isnt that heavy :roll:

Like burner says, you need to completely remove the mounts from the tranny and the car. Then rotate it a lil and you should be able to work it out.

DO NOT let the tranny rest on just the shaft!!!!

oh yeah . hes right , dont put any weight against the shaft, if you fuck it up , your tranny is fucked

thanks for the advice guys.
I finally got it dropped 15 minutes ago. I wound up undoing the front motor mount (facing the radiator)and i was able to walk it free.
As much as i didnt/dont like them; i wound up using 2 scissor jacks, one on the motor, and one on the tranny.

front motor mount ???? thats a new one to me, i dont know what you did there , but seems like you should read the manual next go round, well get it before you put it back it in , this task should take a novice about 3 hours to preform. read the manual before attemping your next project, torque specs are very important too

Back