'94 accord F22B1 into '91 accord????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bronson

I have recently come across a '91 accord 4dr. in which someone dropped a F22B1 w/ auto trans. The Installed eng is from a '94 Accord EX. It looks to be mounted o.k., but there are bunch of electrical connectors that have no place to go, etc. The eng cranks but no start. I pulled #1 and #2 spark plugs... no spark. I haven't checked for fuel yet (injectors). There seems to be a cap/rotor problem, possibly worn out.
I just want ot know if this swap can work, and if so any tech tips would be greatly appreciated.

It should work fairly easily. There's been a question here on Hondaswap for some time about whether the 90-91 Accords were OBD0 or OBD1. Either one will work, but if it's OBD0, the wiring will be much tougher.

Either way, VTEC wires will need to be run. This wouldn't cause the problem if the car not turning over, though.

If they are indeed OBD1, your job will be much easier. The first step would be, are there any empty sensors on the engine or in the engine bay? Second, get a Helm's manual and see if you can get the sensors connected that way.

If the car is OBD0, though, you'll have a much tougher time running wires and getting sensors connected.

Anywa, if there's not spark, that's a great place to start. Start by replacing plugs, then wires, then distro parts, and see if that works. If not, then try checking for fuel like you were thinking.

Back