94 accord h22 code checking?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

hi guys i got my new ecu and still throws so i need to pull some codes but i wont have access to a scanner until probably a week. but i know im getting closer becuase now it takes a couples seconds before the CEL comes on. before it took like a split second.

but i was wondering if there was any way of manually pulling codes by lights. becuase i know on some cars you can cound blinks and what not. or is it worth the hassel just to wait till i get access to a scanner?

TIA

A lot of shops will pull your codes for free (because they usually get business when they tell you what the codes are). Make some phone calls to local shops.

Also you could try parts stores, I know the autozone near me has a OBD-I and OBD-II diagnostic tool they let you used for free in their parking lot.

yea i dont know if this guy was a moron at autozone but he said the only loan scanner they had was 96 and up. and gay midas wants 87 dollars just to see what codes they pull.....way to much. but i might call a different autozone and see because i want to try to get it scanned by friday.

Yo if you want to pull a code the easiest way to do so is to look under you glove compartment and you will see two plugs, one small plug, and one big plug. Take the small plug and take a single wire and insert one end of the wire into t one of the sockets on the plug, then do the same for the other socket on the plug (two sockets per plug). Now your check engine light will flash. A long flash = 10 and a quick/short flash = 1. So for example if you see 1 long flash then 2 short flashes, you have a code 12 for example. Also remember when it pauses, it ready to show you the next code, if it show you the same code twice then you have only one code and so on.

a 94 Accord Scanner? Dude, just find the two prong plug hanging out by itself. Run a jumper between the two prongs(paperclip), and read the codes. It's very simple. Look behind the left side of your glovebox I believe.

ok it throws a 3 and 17. MAP and VSS. what confuses me is. i have some pics from my old motor. its got GRN/BLU YEL/BLU RED/BLU for a TPS. and WHT/YEL GRN/WHT YEL/WHT for MAP

but on the h22 there is only TPS there is no MAP on the throttle body? thats y its throwing the code. which means i cant find the wires for the EGR. because on the h22 both those connectors are taken. green yellow and red is on TPS now and white grn yellow is on EGR now??? im sooo confused....here is some pics of the F22b2

2108974_16_full.jpg

2108974_17_full.jpg

on the old motor there is TPS on the backside and MAP on the topside. On the h22 there is only TPS?

the map is on the firewall in a prelude. you probably have a high idle too since you have no map sensor.

I think you can pull the old map off your accord and secure it in your engine bay.

acutally its fluctuating idle. and i dont have my f22b anymore :cry:. but if i got a MAP from a prelude (firewall map) could i just mount it somewhere and run the vaccum and connector? also do i run the vac to any open port on the intake?

know of anywhere to get a map cheap. autozone and whatnot is like 200 bucks.

thanks

yeah they are 200+ from the dealer too...thats one of those things you gotta bite the bullet on.

if i found a prelude sitting in a junkyard would you go for the opprotunity? i think its small enough to rob from the yards?

definitely small enough, but those damn vacuum lines stick easily. probably better to cut if your gonna thieve.

alright i got a map and i fixed all the codes but the VSS one. but ill do that later unless it affects how the motor runs. but anyway. when i turn it on it idles real low like its on the verge of dying. then goes to 1K. ill rev it then it drops down to very low then after a second goes back to 1k. then when im driving and i jump on it....kinda hard to explain. jumps back and forth while im flooring it than starts tapping out at like 5 1/2 thousand?

i put my dizzy to full advance but i dont know what you guys consider pinging?

let me know what you think and that should rap it up for this swap.
thanks

TAB you are my god....thank you sooo much for that diagram and helping me through my post. my evap vacuum routes were mixed up.....geeze.

appreciate to everyone helped me out. HS.com was the best helping me out during this swap :)

:cry: its still got flucuating idle. and ive never ridden in a vtec so i dont know how hard its supposed to pull in vtec but it doesnt feel that fast like everyone made the h22 sound.

by the way on the evap canister. there is 3 lines on my accord one there is only 2. so ive got nothing to go to the evap sensor?

Quoted post[/post]]
:cry: its still got flucuating idle. and ive never ridden in a vtec so i dont know how hard its supposed to pull in vtec but it doesnt feel that fast like everyone made the h22 sound.

by the way on the evap canister. there is 3 lines on my accord one there is only 2. so ive got nothing to go to the evap sensor?

VTEC makes a huge difference. Without VTEC, your car might have been faster before.

I'd just follow the diagram I gave you for questions, but always use your old stuff. See, I had a 92 Accord that didn't need a map sensor added. You run your hoses exactly how they were in your stock Accord, just using the H22 instead. You may have to get a little creative, but you'll be fine.

Set your timing to stock, while jumping that service connector, then remove the jumper. The VSS code is probably stopping VTEC, since your ECU relies on a speed reading to engage it.

Oil Pressure
Speed
RPMS .........all needed for VTEC I believe. Since VTEC won't engage out of gear.

yea. but im soo confused on my vss. ill see if i can take a picture but its not like others that i have seen. instead of plugging s connector into it , it has one coming out. black, orange, and something else. anyway. i dont know what accord colors off the accord harness. the book is no help it says orange and black and whatever but it doesnt say what color off the accord harness to use.

so my vss isnt working...i guess the only upside is keeping my odo down :p

and i wouldnt be able to use my old stuff on h22 because it needs a map sensor and the f22b's is ON the throttle there is not even a whole on the TB on the h22 so. but i got map covered. now its just vaccum. and VSS

Quoted post[/post]]
yea. but im soo confused on my vss. ill see if i can take a picture but its not like others that i have seen. instead of plugging s connector into it , it has one coming out. black, orange, and something else. anyway. i dont know what accord colors off the accord harness. the book is no help it says orange and black and whatever but it doesnt say what color off the accord harness to use.

so my vss isnt working...i guess the only upside is keeping my odo down :p

and i wouldnt be able to use my old stuff on h22 because it needs a map sensor and the f22b's is ON the throttle there is not even a whole on the TB on the h22 so. but i got map covered. now its just vaccum. and VSS

I just Finished my prelude swap into my 95 accord ex and everything before the swap that could possibly go wrong went WRONG. Now the motor is in the car and everything is almost perfect ,no check engine lights etc. My engine idles high when I hit the gas but very quickly resumes normal idle. Vacuum loss somewhere is most likely the reason for this right I assume. Who did your swap dude.

Back