94 Accord H22a swap...stumped in need of big help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accordh22aj

My friend recently bought an h22a swapped 94 accord. When he bought it ran excellent, got it home and the issues started. I've been working on it for two days straight now trying to get it running strong again. Replaced the whole cooling system down to a new radiator which was installed today. I've been through the entire vaccum system and the rpms still fluctuate at idle. I've tested all the relays, fuses and connections for the cooling fan, they all tested good and the fan works but wont come on when the car is running. The guy who did the swap has a temp sensor shoved in the strut bar bracing with a ground wire wrapped around the sensor threads and grounded to a bolt on the thermostat housing with a single green wire running into the fire wall (im guessing its connected to the ecu someway). Long story short I need help, I'm stuck and need some suggestions. If there is anyone in the Orlando/Altamonte area who is familiar with this swap I would be willing to pay for you to come look at it and tell me what you think needs to be done. Also any suggestions from anyone on here would be most helpful.

Back