94 Accord LX motor in a 94 EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

guitardudecody

Problem: My girlfriend has a 94 LX Accord that has some front end damage that prevents her from having AC. We've found a 94 EX that the motor has sand in and has locked up. I've swapped a motor from a 96 EX civic to a 96 HX with no problems. I'm planning on taking her motor from her LX and putting it in the EX. The EX is a 4-cyl VTEC. I'm fairly confident that I'm not going to run into problems with mounts etc... What I do have a question about is the ECU...

When I swapped my civic I took the ecu and wiring harness with the motor and installed it in the other civic with no problems. Can anyone tell me if this will work the same way or if I even need to do this?

Also, the sand got in the motor through the gas tank. I'm assuming I'm going to need to replace the tank and fuel lines with the ones from my gf's car as well. Anyone have any experience with this?

Hope I've made everything clear! Any help would be greatly appreciated. The car may only be available for a few days so I'm in a hurry to find out if this can be done.
Thanks,
Cody

I would use the Engine harness for the LX (it should plug right into the tower plugs). Should be straight forward for you

you could swap the ecu from the ex into ur lx and see how it runs before you start swapping, im not sure but i think the only difference is the vtec wiring.

ps i have a spare f22b1 and POA;)

Back