94 accord vtec to 92 prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmf tattoo

just trying to figure out what all i need to swap the motor out of a 94 accord ex into a 92 prelude
which trans should i use(have both)
motor mount differences
ecu and wiring harness
been searching just trying to get specifis info
any help would be appreciated

should be a straight swap. both cars came with f22's in them. I'm assuming that's what you're pulling out of the accord. The prelude could have came with one of 3 engines in it f22, h23 or h22. The prelude will have an obd1 engine where as the accord of that year will be either obd1 or 2 depending. but to the best of my knowledge it should be a straight swap

As stated above should be a strait swap over... the only thing i can think of is if ya engine is an OBD2 then the o2 sensor mite need some diffrent wiring... other than that if you have an H23 / H22 trans I would put that on the F22 as they are better Trans IMO... but thats me

ok the motor is in and mostly hooked up
i have two connectors left over. they come off the engine harness and go back in the driverside firewall on the 94 accord
there ar no matching plugs on th 92 prelude
does this mean i need an obd harness?
thanks in advance

...Both should be OBD1.

Do you have a picture of the connector?

sorry no pics but its two grey connectors one is 8 wire they go back into the drivers firewall from the engine harness
most of the wires are yellow and green if that helps
thanks for the help wouldnt have gotten this far without it

The 8 wire one is just yellow with black stripes? If so, there's supposed to be a "plug"(it really jumps all the wires); it just sits there. I'd have to check on the other connector(I have a 92 Accord and my sister has a 94 Accord; from what I can recall the wiring was similar).

ive got both cars the 94 accord ex has the connectors on the firewall
no connector on the 92 prelude
appreciate it

Back