1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

94 accort tranny

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by lowassaccord, Mar 8, 2004.

1. lowassaccord

lowassaccord Senior Member

My 94 accord automatic tranny just went out and i need to figure out which way is the cheapest way to go. 1.) swap, 2.) rebuild, 3.) swap for 5 speed, 4.) any other ideas comments or anything that can help me out. thanks

2. IDMaxGuy

IDMaxGuy Senior Member

i had a tranny go out in my talon a while ago... it was cheaper for me to just get it rebuilt. i wantedto do the 5 speed swap, but it isnt really worth all the trouble, and if you can find a tranny in a junkyard, you have to be weary. its kinda a deal where you get what you pay for

3. tab

tab Super Moderator

EBAY. I paid $302 to the door for a H22A LSD automatic tranny. Better gearing, LSD, cheap. Straight over swap would be cheapest. The mentioned tranny is a straight over swap also.

Autos that will work: H22 92-96 JDM(shortest gearing), F22 90-97(Longest Gearing), H23 92-96(in-between).

Ideas <_< , swap in an H22A yo!! :D

4. lowassaccord

how sure are you that i can swap my f22 tranny(assuming thats what i have since its f22 engine) for an h23 or h22? and thanks for your help

5. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Ill second him on the fact h22 transmissions will fit F22 engines. I will support this claim by saying teh F22 and H22 are essentially the same tranny bolt patttern.

6. lowassaccord

does the h22 have to be jdm? if so thats cool my bro is in japan and can get me one for 100

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted