94 auto engine into a 94 5 speed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bamacuda

I am looking at a 94 2-door accord 5 speed that needs an engine and I have a 94 4-door autmatic that runs like a top. Will this auto engine work in the 5 speed car?

It will work....there might be a few sensors that are different but you can switch them over. Use the engine harness off the 5-speed. It "might" be easier to switch out Intake manifolds with all sensors and throttle body still attached but I haven't physically done your swap before. But I know it will work without too much fuss.

vtec vs nonvtec

does it matter about vtec vs nonvtec? What is the difference inthese motors? esp. configurationfor fit and wiring harness?

VTEC motor going in to a non-VTEC chassis takes more work/wiring than non-VTEC going into a VTEC chassis.

And if either of these are you scenario....you need the replacement motor's ECU too.

But the work can be easier if you can take the engine harness off the motor and maybe even the harness from shock tower to cabin can be scalped for VTEC wires. Thy can be pinned into the other harness so VTEC wiring will be clean, simple, and solid.

Ffsquad.net has some great pictures and such when it comes to taking wires out of plugs. Simple jeweler's flat head works well.

Please give more detailed info on the motor and ECU's you currently have. Motor's info is near the radiator where motor attaches to the trans. ECU.....letter/numbers in the middle of the bar code.

Back