94 civic b17a1 swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josh94civic

1st time builder ^_^
i have a 94 civic dx with the d15 in it and have come across a 93 GSR b17a1 motor and b16 cable tranny. how hard of a swap is this to perform? will it drop right into place or will i have to modify anything? please help.i have the cv's and everything for the swap.

You're gonna have trouble getting the b16 cable trans to work in any 92+ civic. From '92 and on, all civics had hydraulic transmissions. You will have to buy some kind of conversion kit to make it work. If I were you, I'd sell the cable trans and try to find a newer hydraulic b16 unit from a vtec del sol or 99-00 civic si.

does it have to be out of a 99-00 si or delsolvtech or can i pull one out of an integra?

Any 94+ integra trans will work; however the ls trannies have long gearing which kills acceleration. The gsr trans will suite you well; however it still has slightly longer gearing than the da gsr trans.

The del sol and 99-00 si trannies will match the characteristics of the stock da gsr trans.

Back