94 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cool man. :thumbsup: How do you like it so far?

Welcome to the site, by the way if I haven't already welcomed you. :D

dude i love it, and the people are actually helpful and arent dicks about everything.
thx for the welcome.

Yeah, they are really cool. I'm sure you're excited as heck about your build. At least you seem very enthusiastic. Just make sure to do all of your research and ask all of your questions before you spend your hard earned money. After all, you don't want to waste any of it by buying parts which will not help you meet your goals. That is some of the best advice I can give you.

very true, i hope i get the z6 but 200whp is nothing :/
w/e works for 1st timer.

That's a very attainable goal and as I believe AHHVTEC let you know before, it is something you can achieve on stock internals. Of course, you will have to upgrade your fuel system and upgrading your suspension wouldn't hurt things either. That's actually something that I am contemplating nowadays, is to boost my Y7.

ok so i have the stock d16z6 and add a turbo running x amount of boost to output approximately 200whp, i will need to change the fuel system for the turbo?
And what do you mean by fuel system, the injectors, rail, line etc?

how mcuh does taht seem to cost?
soo lets say $600 for a good z6 $1500 for a nice greddy turbo kit, + x amount for the fuel stuff = $2100+fuel shit??

honestly idk what long block is, is that just the motor?

you should be able to get somewhere around 150 WHP just by doing the Z6 swap, turbo, fuel pump and FMU, and a good tune on 5 to 6 psi. That should be a noticable increase over your stock D15. Throw some good pistons and rods in there and crank up the boost a little more and you should be close, if not over, 200 whp.

And Make sure u upgrade ur headgasket trhat way it wont blow n while ur at it buy ARP headstuds.....My single cam is pushing out 172 at the wheels and it runs great...Ran 13.8 at the track and make sure u get a turbo manifold that allows u to put on an external wastegate. If you dont ur car is not gonna stay at 8psi its gonna go back n fourth to 8 thats the problem i have now.

shahzzy I just want to say good luck and i hope you enjoy your project, i am not trying to bash you. i understand you are young and don't think you need to worry about brakes and suspenion before you swap your motor for more power , but i have been racing hondas since before you were born . you have asked some pretty questions, but you have said a few dumb things( nothing personal ) , a d16z swap sounds like a good place for a first swap. Its pretty strait forward , very few changes the have to be made wirring wise. If you don't want to change the brakes prior to your swap i understand , maybe do it all at once buy rear ended ex or si and take the parts you need you should be able to do the complet swap for 1000 or less . Another option is you are not very far from a really good shop APG performance in woodale Ill. good people that many pro race teams trust , they almost always have d16z pieces and parts sometimes complete swaps from si and ex's converted to b power , i wish you good luck ,

Ok now when someone says there is an oil leak from the v-tec solenoid, is that the logo on the head?

:lmao:

Yes my friend, that snazzy logo is where VTEC engines derive their power from...

haha ok, so skip nthe leaking z6?
anyone know any cheap d16z6 for sale around here?
Im in Kenosha, WI 53142

put a dohc zc there not that expansive and its better compression for turbo 800 for obd1 dohc zc and all u need is the ecu which is only $100-$150 and it will bolt right up

put a dohc zc there not that expansive and its better compression for turbo 800 for obd1 dohc zc and all u need is the ecu which is only $100-$150 and it will bolt right up
the zc has 9.6 and the z6 has 9.2 so the z6 is better for turbo

haha ok, so skip nthe leaking z6?
anyone know any cheap d16z6 for sale around here?
Im in Kenosha, WI 53142

I have one but I'm in MN
156K all oil changes at the honda dealer and it was in my wife's car and not beat on.

Back