1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

94 Civic Hatch

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by xBLEEDINGHEARTx, Feb 9, 2003.

1. xBLEEDINGHEARTx

xBLEEDINGHEARTx Junior Member

Alright, heres my delema, Ive been wondering with little success about what the best engine would be for my 94 civic hatch, i plan to drop an ls tranny into it and also a turbo, what would be a good motor, I was thinking of buying a B16A from my friend... good idea? Also, does anyone know a place online to get a brand new motor?

2. mwasnp

mwasnp Senior Member

If you are going n/a (no turbo) you arent going to want that ls tranny, you would want a b16, gsr, or integra type r tranny. If you are planning on boost you could use the ls or gsr tranny, preferably the ls tranny. I would use the ls motor if you are planning on boost. More money to invest in tuning, engine management and built internals.

3. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

That said, go with the LS engine. The LS engine can handle a decent amount of boost in stock for and if you build it for turbo, that thing will f*n fly. The b18c1 is a decent engine for turbo also but parts are alot more and tuning suck. Also you said b16a, what genartaion b16a is it? The b16a from a 4th gen civic or a CRX will not fit in you car without a lot of hassle.

4. xBLEEDINGHEARTx

I beleive its a 4th gen but I haven't talked to him in a while, seeing as im stuck in Japan.

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

The two requirements for you car are OBD I and hydraulic clutch.Almost any of the motors can fit one way or another.You can get a clutch adapter to put a cable in,and you can get conversion harnesses to change the OBD.What do you need from the car?Dailey driver,drag monster,street terror?Are you going to have a budget of at least $3000 or $500?You mentioned new motor,you can get new motors from Honda or ant number of companies that rebuilds,you can get a stock rebuild or something from say import builders that is going to kill.But anyway a B16siRII,B18C1,B18B1,B18C5,etc... will all work.

6. xBLEEDINGHEARTx

Well, Im mostly a weekend racer but I also love racing the cocky mustang and vette drivers, they are always fooled by a sleeper, my budget isn't an issue, i have an awsome bank that will loan me the money i need if i dont have it in savings bonds already.

7. 2 litre EG

2 litre EG Senior Member

well if youg ot no budget i say go GSR ALL MOTOR.... but that would be me if i had no budget to worry about.... sadly though i dont so i build slowly

ir do a fully built turbo motor... if you want a more street car sleeper then stick wityh a GSR and go N/A

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted