94 civic, LS swap, Nitrous Express = 12.6et

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 94 civic dx. 95 ls swap. msd ignition, exaust, intake.
my car is in the 15.4-15.5 et range.

in the Feb. 03 (Volume 15. No.2) issue of SportCompactCar Magazine a chic has a 1993 civic hatch. Swapped a bone stock 98 Ls engine. And a nitrous express kit. (i don't know what shot she was running).

it say's she ran a 12.6 et with just those mods.

someone explain.

did i just do something wrong or is the magazine inacurrate?

Originally posted by indeskater@Dec 12 2003, 02:48 AM
I have a 94 civic dx. 95 ls swap. msd ignition, exaust, intake.
my car is in the 15.4-15.5 et range.

in the Feb. 03 (Volume 15. No.2) issue of SportCompactCar Magazine a chic has a 1993 civic hatch. Swapped a bone stock 98 Ls engine. And a nitrous express kit. (i don't know what shot she was running).

it say's she ran a 12.6 et with just those mods.

someone explain.

did i just do something wrong or is the magazine inacurrate?

yes, you did something wrong.... you forgot the NOS!

I kind of even doubt your car is in the 15.4-15.5 range with bolt ons and ignition
If you want to hit 12's then get yourself a 75 shot or something

don't think the 75 shot will knock 3 seconds off.... are you talking about the red hatch?

that always confused me too....

my brother's CRX only ran 13.8's with a b16 swap and a 75 shot....

so i am not sure that they weren't just saying that...

it still had a full interior, after all...

Originally posted by EGLSHB@Dec 12 2003, 10:24 AM
don't think the 75 shot will knock 3 seconds off.... are you talking about the red hatch?

that always confused me too....

my brother's CRX only ran 13.8's with a b16 swap and a 75 shot....

so i am not sure that they weren't just saying that...

it still had a full interior, after all...

I was just kind of bs'ing about the 75 shot, I have no idea about what nitrous will do for your 1/4 times, but I know that 15.4 for a stock ls is pretty fast, almost to the point that it seems like he's just guessing his time

indeskater: have you actually ran your car at the track? you just said that your car was in the 15.4-15.6 range.... what does that mean? What was your time or are you just speculating? and you can't just do "bolt on math" (16.5 - .4{header} - .5{intake} - .5{ignition} = I'm as fast an evo!)

that red hatch with the ls turbo ran a freakin low 11 second pass, but who knows if it's true or not.

I am sure you can hit 12's with slicks and a decent dose of Nitrous in a swapped hatch.

it's an educated guess on the time. i ran my friends v6 camaro he took to the track, my friends 2.4 sunfire that ran a 15.8 at wentzville MO. and a 2.4 cavilier running 15.60's. so yes, the civic is in the 15.4-15.6 range, cause none of the could get me.

yes it was the red hatch that the chick had

Originally posted by seanjuan@Dec 12 2003, 07:13 AM
!

I kind of even doubt your car is in the 15.4-15.5 range with bolt ons and ignition

Many people with LS' swapped civic's are into the 14's on bolt ons, and maybe a clutch upgrade, that's it.

but I know that 15.4 for a stock ls is pretty fast,

I think it is very possible to run an LS swapped hatch with minor bolt ons in the high 14s low 15s. What did it run stock in the teg 15.6? reasons why...less weight (hatch), those minor bolt ons can do something maybe .5 second.

I'm hoping to run high 14s while its N/A (going turbo very soon).

stock LS in a coupe=15.4 for you? elevation? my friend has a b16 in a hatch with bolt ons and runs about that...i think my friend's edelbrock IM is suspect thou...looks kinda big for a stock b16...and his brother's new ITR runs 15.2-3 ..also very high elevation thou..dunno...driver can make all the differnce i guess

Back