94 civic suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stedscivic

ive got a 94 civic coupe and i want to put a suspension on it
what would be a good choice

1. airbag suspension (i like the idea of the air bag suspensions because you can raise and lower it, and with a body kit it would protect it while driving)
how durable are these and are they worth the money

2. coil overs

3. just get better shocks and struts

its going to be a daily driver and i want reliablity but yet i want it to feel smooth when i go to the strip and just regular driving

give me all your knowledge please i want to make the right choice the first time

If you want a real performance upgrade, skip the bags. Changing ride height will have your alignment changing constantly, so you really won't be able to get it correct for good driving dynamics. I would go with a lowered suspension setup with new springs and shocks.

If you really want to spend the cash, you could opt for a full coilover system, but lowering springs and new shocks will still give you a wide range of ride heights while maintaining a smooth ride and good performance. How low do you want to go, and how much money do you really have to spend on this?

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 29 2004, 10:31 PM
If you want a real performance upgrade, skip the bags. Changing ride height will have your alignment changing constantly, so you really won't be able to get it correct for good driving dynamics. I would go with a lowered suspension setup with new springs and shocks.

If you really want to spend the cash, you could opt for a full coilover system, but lowering springs and new shocks will still give you a wide range of ride heights while maintaining a smooth ride and good performance. How low do you want to go, and how much money do you really have to spend on this?
[post=409419]Quoted post[/post]​

dont want to spend alot of money but want to get good value
i was thinking an inch maybe 2

For about $350-400 you could have a spring/shock setup that drops you about 2 inches and rides well. If you're not worried about adjustable ride height, you can get Tein springs for around $130 shipped, then a set of shocks from KYB for about $200-250 and be done with it.

Back