1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

94 Civic Swap Opinons

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by prettyinpink, Feb 21, 2005.

1. prettyinpink

prettyinpink Junior Member

Hey whats up. I have a 94 civ. this spring I am going to be building a motor but i cant seem to make up my mind. I have recieved a few opinions but would like some "professional" thoughts as to what I should build. Looking for something to handle a turbo (which will come in the fall). reliable (good for daily driving), and wont cost me an arm and a leg to build and maintain (student @ auto school so im not rich). Going towards an ls vtec or built gsr, but open to other suggestions. thanks a lot.

2. sleepercivic

sleepercivic Senior Member

If your building the motor then I would say go with a B18b, and like a gsr or b16 trans, build the b18b for boost then when your ready for a turbo slap it on and crank the boost. If you are not going to build the bottom end I would lean toward the gsr, its a lot better stock and it already has vtec y0!

3. eg6lsvtec

eg6lsvtec Member

4. eg6lsvtec

eg6lsvtec Member

I agree but don't get a b16 tranny for every day driving. A ls will handle more boost but the ls tranny is good for everyday driving not racing. The gear ratio is too long. I'll go ls vtec so u will have the vtec and gsr tranny. On second thought B20b engine and gsr tranny. Make sure you get the b20b vtec put on asap then go turbo

5. DA6GSR

DA6GSR Junior Member

look into the F23 swap. Great daily driver and has low compression so boost isnt a problem.

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Don't short change yourself with a LS tranny, it sucks. B16A/ITR/CTR trannies are fine for daily driving, quick for go when you want, and long enough so you can cruise around town in third or fourth, and if you don't have a uberweedeater exhaust are fine at highway rpms also.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted