94 Civic Swap Opinons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prettyinpink

Hey whats up. I have a 94 civ. this spring I am going to be building a motor but i cant seem to make up my mind. I have recieved a few opinions but would like some "professional" thoughts as to what I should build. Looking for something to handle a turbo (which will come in the fall). reliable (good for daily driving), and wont cost me an arm and a leg to build and maintain (student @ auto school so im not rich). Going towards an ls vtec or built gsr, but open to other suggestions. thanks a lot.

If your building the motor then I would say go with a B18b, and like a gsr or b16 trans, build the b18b for boost then when your ready for a turbo slap it on and crank the boost. If you are not going to build the bottom end I would lean toward the gsr, its a lot better stock and it already has vtec y0!

Originally posted by sleepercivic@Feb 21 2005, 11:26 AM
If your building the motor then I would say go with a B18b, and like a gsr or b16 trans, build the b18b for boost then when your ready for a turbo slap it on and crank the boost. If you are not going to build the bottom end I would lean toward the gsr, its a lot better stock and it already has vtec y0!
[post=463827]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by sleepercivic@Feb 21 2005, 11:26 AM

I agree but don't get a b16 tranny for every day driving. A ls will handle more boost but the ls tranny is good for everyday driving not racing. The gear ratio is too long. I'll go ls vtec so u will have the vtec and gsr tranny. On second thought B20b engine and gsr tranny. Make sure you get the b20b vtec put on asap then go turbo

Originally posted by eg6lsvtec+Feb 28 2005, 09:25 PM-->
sleepercivic
@Feb 21 2005, 11:26 AM

I agree but don't get a b16 tranny for every day driving. A ls will handle more boost but the ls tranny is good for everyday driving not racing. The gear ratio is too long. I'll go ls vtec so u will have the vtec and gsr tranny. On second thought B20b engine and gsr tranny. Make sure you get the b20b vtec put on asap then go turbo
[post=467235]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't short change yourself with a LS tranny, it sucks. B16A/ITR/CTR trannies are fine for daily driving, quick for go when you want, and long enough so you can cruise around town in third or fourth, and if you don't have a uberweedeater exhaust are fine at highway rpms also.

Back