94 Civic Upper Ball Joints

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EvilCloneVlad

I have a 94 civic, and the cotter pin that goes through the upper ball joint is broke off and rusted in, I have tried to punch out the cotter pin but so far have been unsuccessful. Is it possible to replace only the upper ball joint? I know that Moog makes a just the upper ball joint, however i cannot figure out how to get the old one off? Any one done this before know how to do it?

Are you trying to replace the upper ball joints? I would look on top of the old control arm to make sure you can remove them. I seen upper ball joints for my 91 hatch but they dont look like you can remove them with damaging the control arm. If i am wrong can someone correct me. If you break the other side of the cotter pin off so you can get the socket over the nut you should be fine. To remove the ball joint if you can you will need a ball joint tool

you can try to drill out the cotter pin from the hole. as far as ive ever seen the uppers on hondas are not servicable, they typically come as a complete control arm. now would be a good time to upgrade to some Skunk2 upper control arms. the ball joints in those control are servicable.

You need a puller to remove the uppers, the lowers on the tie rod ends come off easily, just remove the cotter pin, loosen the bolt, bang on the lower part of the ball joint with a heavy hammer, then one or two taps on the stud and it should come right out.

Back