1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

94 civic VX 02 oxygen sensor swap 5 to 4 @PLEASE@

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by krysted9354, Nov 20, 2008.

1. krysted9354

krysted9354 New Member

2. krysted9354

krysted9354 New Member

bump, preety much the kit that i bought above, is wires with a 4 wire harness plug, im going to ask him to re-send directions but does anybody know how to wire up this kit or have a diy on converting ti a different way please post $$ reward as this is all i need to run my 13:5:1 d16a6/z6 monster in my civic vx {:

3. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

LOCATE THE 6 PIN PLUG BELOW ON THE PASS. SIDE VX SHOCK TOWER

The wires are in the following order:

ORG/BLU BLU/GRN WHT/BLK

BLU/YEL WHT/BLU YEL/WHT

REMOVE THE FOLLOWING WIRES FROM THE 6 PIN VX PLUG

ORG/BLU - O2 SENSOR

BLU/YEL - KNOCK SENSOR

LOCATE THE 10 PIN PLUG PICTURED BELOW THAT IS ON THE VX SHOCK TOWER

The wires are in the following order:

BRN/BLK EMPTY BLK/RED

ORG WHT ORG/BLU WHT/BLU

BLU/GRN BLU/YEL EMPTY

REMOVE THE RUBBER PLUG FROM THE TWO UNUSED SOCKETS

INSERT THE ORG/BLU (O2 SENSOR) WIRE INTO THE SOCKET BETWEEN THE BRN/BLK WIRE AND THE BLK/RED WIRE. (TOP CENTER SOCKET IN PIC)

INSERT THE BLU/YEL (KNOCK SENSOR) WIRE INTO THE SOCKET NEXT TO THE OTHER BLU/YEL WIRE. (BOTTOM RIGHT SOCKET IN PIC)

NOTE - IF YOU ARE USING A CHIPPED P28 ECU YOU WILL NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT WIRING UP THE KNOCK SENSOR

YOUR NEXT STEP IS TO MOVE THE RED WIRE ON YOUR ECU HARNESS FROM A20 TO A17 FOR YOUR SECONDARY RUNNERS FOR YOUR INTAKE MANIFOLD. THEY SHOULD OPERATE AS SEEN HERE .

ALL YOU HAVE LEFT YOU DO IS PLUG IN YOUR ECU AND PLUG THE 3 VX SHOCK TOWER HARNESSES INTO THE GSR MOTOR HARNESSES.

4. krysted9354

krysted9354 New Member

Dude im not using a GSR harness u just copied that from the GSR swap, and the gsr swap is different as it uses the gsr harness, im swapping in a d16z6 not using the gsr harness}:

5. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

The VX 12v is pinned different than the P30/P28, so you need to repin it to the right point,

Remove ECU, then find D16 it is blu/grn

As you can see the plugs have a small hinge that allows better access to the pins.

Now you can cut it and add it to the right pin (B1 or A25) or if you are really good and have a pin lying around, just add them both to a new pin and reinsert it back into B1 or D25. I cut it, D16, stripped the end and inserted it into B1 (yel/blk)then taped the wires together to keep it from coming out,

Not the best pic, but you get the idea.

Once you have done the ECU part, keep the ECU disconnected and goto the bay, connect the correct wires together as described in the previous post. In my pic they don't look right, because the adapter wire I got to lengthen them was wrong, so I compensated at the o2 connection. Follow the color coordination above and you are set.

This highspeed little junction can be picked up at any electronics store, and is much easier and safer than twisting them together and taping them. Though if you have the equipment and the time soldering them is the best.

Then when you have made the connections, plug in the ECU and make sure the CEL is gone, if so electrical tape the harness up to keep it safe and good looking.

6. krysted9354

krysted9354 New Member

um it says as u can c i dont c any pictures so result i have no clue what ur talking about ?

7. krysted9354

krysted9354 New Member

sooo anybody can help me out ?

8. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Wire it directly to the ECU(pretty much just heater, heater ground, o2 signal, and o2 ground to the thermostat ground). Pretty simple; just solder so it'll look pretty or use power taps.

I'd honestly just have it disabled in the ECU. The narrowband O2's are no good for custom builds anyway; invest in an aftermarket wideband O2. Most tuners will disable it anyways for custom tune.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted