94 CX/EX Swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vector

I have (had) a 95 EX that was totalled (pricey frame damage front and rear)... so I'm looking at buying a 94 Civic Cx (might be a DX..not sure.. it's debadged but I'll check the title) to swap my EX motor into... just curious if there are any hidden things I'll have to deal with in this swap if anyone can give me a heads-up it would be much apreciated.. to my knowlege all I need is the ECU from an EX Manual or Si manual. (my EX was auto).... any advice or warnings would be great otherwise it seems like a straightforward swap.
TIA

as far as I know the only thing is the vtec wiring if its a DX. and while you have the engine out do the general maintainence, timing belt & water pump etc...

it is a strait forward swap, there are no real bugs to it, just use the clutch and flywheel from the dx/cx, but im telling you right now, you need to look into getting an si/ex M/T , i cant express to you how much the cx/dx tranny sucks, it will dog that motor down sooooo much, thats the set up my girl has in her del sol. and it blows, blows, blows.

ps did i mention blows

I can get an EX m/t for 300 or so from the local scrap yard.. maybe cheaper if I go to Omaha (not too terribly far south)... if I have the money I will. Also, can I use the dx/cx ecu just to get the car to run around town until I can get a si/ex ecu? it won't hurt anything will it?

almost forgot.. I went and looked at the car today... looks ok. my friend is going to take some little dents out for me... the bumpers have been repainted (they have that Maco "pink/red" look to them) but I figure it'll probably get a paint job next year anyway (or it'll be a sleeper)... hopefully I'll have pics soon with my name on the title :D

Back