94 del sol gsr swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rrz69

hey i was just wondering about a few things.i have a 94 si del sol with the d16z6. i looked on hmotors and i found a gsr motor that i am interested in getting. now can anyone tell me info about the swap. such as will i have to rewire anything. are all the pcm pins in the correct spot . i will be putting in the gsr pcm and motor. so i dont want to be looking at a wiring mess. also could u just give me a qucik overview of what i will need to get and what needs to be done. i have ordered a swap book already but the person i bought it from is giving me a bunch of crap so any help would be good. thanks.

well to start your gonna need mounts...i went with the egay ones in my crx it also has a gsr..your also gonna need axles i believe the si hubs will take the b18c axels cuz i had to swap mine to dx or si..and shift linkage..it might cost some change but i' go through hasport for the shift linkage..on my crx i hadda cut the gsr shift linkage 2inch's exact..and weld it back together..or i coulda bought the hasport s/l but it was 200$ but thats up to you...as for wiring..i used jumper harness's and had my boy wang from wangs tuning in new hampshire take care of my 'vtec'..cuz he does it perfect..and you obveously need the gsr ecu..and i believe thats it if i forgot aything just pm me..Good luck man..

if this swap is going into a del sol then the stock integra mounts will fit if you dont want to buy hasport its easy... axles will fit right in as long you get the gsr ones exhaust will fit right in and harness will fit right in as long you use the gsr harness if you dont have vtec in you rdel sol right now you will need to re wire the vtec and knock sensor or you can just get a mugen chipped ecu that eliminates your knock and about the shift linkage im not too sure about that but im pretty sure the gsr should fit not sure though we good luck with the swap any problems let me know

plug n play simple as that when u buy ur donor motor it should come with full complete package that u need....just stick with OBD1 Engine since ur car is OBD1 it will save u lot with headache wiring...just need to run couple of them like D3/knocksensor,A20evap purge solenoid,A17secondary intake solenoid and da V-tec since u got V-tev don't worry about it....on motor mount is combination of ur stock D-series and ur Donor B-series.....

just a question you said the a17 which i know is obd1. but i was looking at the b18c1 which according to one of the other threads is obd 1 or 2. im looking for something with nice power and i know the b16 will prob be around the same amount of work as the gsr and the gsr is a little more power and torque thats why i think i wanna go with that one. thanks for the help guys.

isnt the ba8c1 obd1 so i wouldnt have to get a b17

Back