1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

94 dx accord

Discussion in 'Accord' started by rookscr, Aug 31, 2011.

1. rookscr

rookscr New Member

i have a 94 dx accord. i saw another post about a b18 swap into an accord. someone said that b18 is worthless in the accord do a h22 cause the b18 dont have enough power. my question is whats the difference in power between the b18 and f22? i really want to put a b18 in my accord but would need help and im not even sure if its possible. to me it seems like the b18 would be a much better motor then an f22.

2. rookscr

rookscr New Member

its a 96 accord sorry

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

The B18 is designed for Civics/Integras, which are smaller, lighter cars than your Accord. If you're just looking at horsepower numbers, than it might seem like a B18C (at 170 horses) would be better than your 145ish horsepower F22, but that's not the whole story. The F22 is a bigger engine, and it has more torque. Your heavy Accord needs that torque to get it moving. This is why B-series swaps are not recommended for Accords.

And because of this situation, no one makes mounts for B-series into an Accord, so it would all have to be custom made (which equals expensive). Do you really want to pay a bunch of money to be slower?

The H22 drops right in to your car and provides 200 horses with much better torque than a B18. You can even re-use the Accord's engine mounts if you want. Trust me, the H22 is the route you want to go here. Either that, or put a turbo on the F22...

4. rookscr

rookscr New Member

how much heavier is the h22 than the b18? weight is a factor also since my car is completely stripped.

5. BrutalB83

It's about 75 lbs. heavier, so not a significant difference. You'd still be much better off with the H22 when you look at the power gains...

6. Korax

Korax New Member

The linkage on F/H trans and B/D series trans are also significantly different. Just put an H motor in there.

7. rookscr

rookscr New Member

ok i just want it as lite as it can be and not super front heavy because of jumps

8. BrutalB83

Jumps? What exactly are you doing with this car?

9. rookscr

rookscr New Member

off road only its not street legal

10. BrutalB83

Are you racing it on a dirt course?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted