94 dx auto to d16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

john07ex

I have a stock 94 DX coupe automatic.
Will a D16z6 from a 94 EX manual mount up and work on the P28 ecu with my dx automatic tranny?
I dont wanny swap over to a manual just yet but i do want to install the D16 vtec.

Also are the axles all the same whether the car is an auto or manual transmission?

i have a 95 civic dx automatic hatch with with a jdm d15 motor swap. the p28 does work with the automatic tranny though. car runs fine except boggs a little bit at idle when you hit the gas.

Nice charlie..so a D16z6 will bolt up to the auto tranny fine? And the p28 will control the engine fine?
You wouldnt happen to be in Fl would you?
Was there anything odd you needed?
vtec wire that about it right?

you have a D15 bolted up to a auto tranny right now
what is the tranny code??
it has to be a dseries tranny anyways
and a d16z6 will bolt up to any d series tranny there is
and a p28 will run it fine
as far as vtec...is should be on the engine..and the p28 ecu controls that ...you might have to get a new harnesses for plug and play...but other than that...custom stuff i wouldnt know how to wire it

if your spending more than 500 700 on this engine..i would invest in a Bseries engine..you would be ALOT happier..i have a D16z6...its vtec and everything..but it doesnt have the punch of a B16....the D16z6 is also a one stage vtec if i recall...and a B16 is 2 stage or something like that..and it kicks in alot harder

if your gettiing the engine for little to nothing..you will be happy with the performance and durablity of the engine

my car with an auto ran strong to 100mph..
from 100 on to 130 very sluggish but still pulled on

very cool..thanks man..yea i can get a WHOLE swp to 16 for dirt cheap.. like $300 i saw it running in the EX its coming from harness axelss linkage everything..thanks..

damn good price then...new axles cost 65 a pop...thats half the price right there plus your gettin everything..aint bad

since your going to get a d16z6
look at this place
[SIZE=-1]www.d-series.org/

great place to learn about your engine/trans
[/SIZE]

just did z6 swap

i just did the d16z6 swap into my vx..on my swap i had to use the vx motor mount on the drivers side mount that was it..it will plug straight in..you will have to use a d16z6 o2 sensor..and since yours is a dx you have to wire up vtec and like all the others said p28 is the way to go..i dont have a p28 right now ..im running a obd1 integra ecu..we did the swap in a day..like 13 hours with breaks..good luck man...

Yea but my main question was will a P28 from a manaul work on my DX auto tranny ?

Back