94 DX Coupe looking for a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EvilCloneVlad

I currently own a 1994 Civic DX coupe with a manual transmission and a D15B7, my question is what do you guys think would be an ideal swap? The car would be used just for street driving, so mostly looking for acceleration over top speed. Also I am looking for the best bang for the buck because i am currently on a tight budget. If you could please tell me what engine and then any other necessary parts that would need to be swapped as well (ECU, tranny, etc.) and if possible give an estimated cost. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

well theres so much to pick from how much are you looking to spend ? and are you going to be going around alot of curves ? and also are you going to build it once you have it or do you just wont to drop it in and forget it

well theres so much to pick from how much are you looking to spend ? and are you going to be going around alot of curves ? and also are you going to build it once you have it or do you just wont to drop it in and forget it

well, not an excessive amount of turns, just driving on the streets ... as for building it, probably in the future but that would be quite a bit down the road, and for the budget, i don't really have a budget... basically just looking for something that is fairly cheap with as much power as possible, so if you have a few things in mind list them both and be kind enough to mention the prices so i can compare.

well ill probly catch some heat for this one,but the h22a will spank all other honda motors besides the k in stock trim in your car, but you have to do some cutting and a few other things to get it in there, and it will cost about 3 grand to get it in there and going thats if you do the work your self. but its worth it for a drop in v8 killer

I'd prefer something that doesnt require cutting or modifying of the chassis, my original thoughts were to go with something in the area of a B18. um is there something that is more around the 1-2k area? is the b18 a decent swap or just a waste of time?

Last edited:
yea the b series is a great motor but to stay under 2 grand your going to need to get the b16a sir2 motor, that will be the biggest band for the buck, and it will drop in very easy with no cutting

do you think the B16A SiR-II be a good engine to put in it? and if so what all would have to go into swapping the engine? in other words what else would need to be changed?

yes that will be the best motor for the money you wont to spend, all you will need is the ecu but it should come with the motor and 2 mounts i think the rear mount and passenger side mount both from a 99-00 si. you will also need new shift linkage and axles.

ok then, i guess my next question would be, where do you think the best place to find this engine would be? in a junkyard? or what?

I would go for the d16z6 and throw a turbo on there. Motor @500 HMT turbo @1000 (high side). Another 500 for tuning. Right at your $2000. with the right tune and setup you can have anywhere between 170-250+ WHP....

I would go for the d16z6 and throw a turbo on there. Motor @500 HMT turbo @1000 (high side). Another 500 for tuning. Right at your $2000. with the right tune and setup you can have anywhere between 170-250+ WHP....

looks like a decent swap but seems like it doesnt leave much room for improvement afterwards... as for the turbo, what do you mean HMT? Homemade?

Last edited:
HMT, yes homemade turbo. 170-250Hp is just an estimate. Sure the B18c and B16Asir II have more power out the box but by the time you do all that and then try and put a turbo in it you're looking at a lot more money in the long run. Look over at turbod16.com and homemadeturbo.com. It really all comes down to you long turm plans and you budget now and then.

Back