94 eg h/b with 99 gsr swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rjs4490

ok its a 99 gsr swap with an ls tranny and p28 chipped. i just brought it home today...jacked the car up...noticed alot of oil leaking...my thinkings are it the oil pan/gasket and the axels...anyone else got any suggestions?...tranny grinds third a little...very hard to punch into third when at high rev....also..the guy i bought it from claims its a stock clutch...it feels like a stage 3 clutch...does this mean i need a new clutch or it is just adjusted???..any other comment or suggestions are welcomed

A leaky rear main seal can often be diagnosed as a leaky pan gasket or driver's side axle seal. I recommend wiping the area clean of oil, then firing the car up again and taking a look at where the fresh oil is coming from.

If the oil is coming from in between the flywheel cover and the transmission, you most likely have a leaky rear main seal.

In regards to the transmission, you need to change the transmission fluid. Since your transmission is grinding, I recommend you get some GM Synchromesh. Though very expensive, it will help to recondition the synchros and the shifting will become smooth again. I run GM Synchromesh in my hatchback and I love the stuff. You can only get it at GM dealerships though.

About the clutch, have you checked the fluid in the clutch cylinder reservoir? Chances are you are probably low, or you need to bleed the line. If that doesn't help, you probably need to consider pulling the engine and taking a look at the clutch/flywheel as well as your oil leaks and what not.

Hope this helps.

Back