94 Grand Cherokee fuel pump replace ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Do you have to drop the tank , or can you access without dropping? Anyone know a how to, or have a Helms/Chiltons they can reference for me?

I have to replace the fuel pump on "mine" so I can roll it till my Honda gets here.

if its the same as my 93 cherokee sport you will need to drop the tank. I recoment cutting the straps and bolts to save time. If its a true beater/throw away car just do like my buddy and cut a hole in the floor to access it. Option #2 is NOT reccomended.

Well, it's not a throw away. It's an unused car of my dads, that's been sitting for two years because the FP failed and he has another truck. I only need to get it running for about a month and half or so, unless it turns out to run fine, in which case it might become a second car, but probably not.

So, it's pretty much drop the tank and there it is, same as a Hondas, remove replace, or is it going to be a pain in the ass?

hondas are done from the inside of the car somtimes. On the jeeps you must drop the tank. its really straight forward once you begin. Only thing is the rust factor.

Replaced fuel filter cranked right up :) Runs like a baby, hopefully get it registered and insured tomorrow.

Back