94 GSR eNgiNe iiN My 90 DA9! sWAP HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

408Projects

JDM- Project Eg6
oK i have a 90 Da9... d0Ne brake line tuck and wiring tUck.. i waS w0NderiiNg wHat i w0Uld have to do.. to get everything running right. i have hasport motor mounts already. and a jumper harness from rywire from obo to ob1. but do all the engine harness plugs fit from ob1 to obo? like plug aNd play? Like fRom engine harness to eCu? iiF not what would i have to do?? im lite weight confused. PLEASE HELP!

Get an obd1 p72 ecu and order a vtec sub harness from password jdm....other wise have fun wiring the vtec directly to the ecu, remember to double check all of your wiring and vacuum hoses when your done, especially to the intake manifold, thats where alot of idling issues occur.

oK i have a 90 Da9... d0Ne brake line tuck and wiring tUck.. i waS w0NderiiNg wHat i w0Uld have to do.. to get everything running right. i have hasport motor mounts already. and a jumper harness from rywire from obo to ob1. but do all the engine harness plugs fit from ob1 to obo? like plug aNd play? Like fRom engine harness to eCu? iiF not what would i have to do?? im lite weight confused. PLEASE HELP!

The instructions do do this correctly come with the Rywire harness you bought. I have the same set up. There are about 10 connections you must make and also swap distributor plugs. Also, if you already have PGMFI instead of Throttle Body Injection thats one less thing you need to do. OR... Rywire will do all this for you however they wont do your "Tuck"

i have got the jumper harness from a friend. s0o i didnt get any paper work on what i would have to d0o.... along with the jumper and obd0 plugs and pluging in the obd0 plug into the obd1 harness.. im still confused.

i have got the jumper harness from a friend. s0o i didnt get any paper work on what i would have to d0o.... along with the jumper and obd0 plugs and pluging in the obd0 plug into the obd1 harness.. im still confused.

Then go to to the Rywire website and download the instruction sheet. It IS there and it is free. This is the only way to do this.

Thank you, im going to check into it. iim get back to everyone and let you guys know how it all went.

I got a jdm gsr in my da it is FUN!!!!! Def get sub harness! Also os the motor rebuilt or have you done any matience to it?

yuMp... iiTz bulit... d0Ne aLL w0Rk MySELf. i finelly realized i would also have to get the sub harness for the diZzy. aLoNg wiiTh the HaRneZz for kn0ck and oil presser. but the oNLy proBleM i have iS i d0nt waNt t0o uSe a CabLe tRaNny. i waNt t0o coNveNt iiT. but haVe n0o iDea h0w! s0o iF aNyoNe haZz d0Ne iiT lEt me kN0w.

im running the innovative cable to hydro kit and love it! Had no problems at all! Its bracket and pivot arm that work off the cable :) I bought a kit that came with mounts and the converter. Im running a hydro lsd gsr trans :)

but yeah you need the dizzy jumper, ecu jumper, a p72 and the vtec sub harness.....Also you will need to use a different post mount on the drivers side......If you run a 4-1 header you will need to notch your front crossmember or get a traction bar.....

Yo dAwG, WhY Is yOu tYpInG YoUr sTuFf lIkE ThIs?!? It'S StUpId aNd aNnOyInG!!! It mAkEs mE NoT WaNt tO ReAd yOuR PoStS!!!

EDIT: Oh, hey, I remember you now. You're the idiot that posted asking if it was okay to rev your stock B18C to 9200 rpms. That thread went really well for you as I recall...

Last edited:
hahaha.... iTs ok. i have moved on past that post... and starting a new one. so um yeah... if someone could help.. please s0o0o.

what post mount would i need on the driver side? the stock gsr one? because i have the hasport engine mounts.

Back