94 GSR into 94 civic EX need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CivicR87111

Ok, here is the deal. I put a 94 GSR engine into my 94 EX about 2 years ago and I have always had a check engine light. Just recently I turboed the engine and shot the DTC code and pulled a code 23 for the knock sensor. With the turbo on now that code became a big problem cause it puts me in limp mode. The question I have is does anyone know if the GSR harness and ECU are pinned different than the EX? I used the GSR engine bay harness and pluged it in to my firewall harness but on the passanger side in have a 2 pin plug coming from the engine harness and doesn't have a plug for it on my firewall harness. The color of the wires on the plug are yellow w/black strip and then a red. I know the knock sensor wire is a red w/ blue, does anyone know if this could be a related problem??? Also this is my first turbo project and I have know idea what the hell I am doing just yet. The car runs good and hard when the check engine light is off, then I get put into limp mode and get detonation from hell and the car suckx. If you ahve any hint, tip, fixes, or help's please hook me up.

The EX doesn't have a knock sensor, so you have to physically add the wire from the sensor to the ECU.

I would take it futher. Get uberdata to prevent denation in the first place. Plus you could set it up to not look for the knock sensor I believe.

Back