94 hatch what motor to put in

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sorry if this is the wrong forum. My friend bought a straght 94 si with the sohc vtec the motors shot burns oil ect. He wants to spend around 4000 on a swap he wants an h22a i was telling him to go ls turbo or lsvtec. What do you guys think it is not a daily driver.

B16A2...it all depends what the car is going to be used for...if it is straight line then go H22 turbo like allbottledup said but if he still wants it to handle like a track car...go B16...

UnlimitedEK9

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jun 21 2004, 05:46 PM
gsr y0!

:werd:

The b16 is called the torqueles wonder for a reason. However, the B16 is a great turbo motor if it is built. Anycrap, get the GSR engine. The H22 sucks for anything but drag. I don't wanna hear anyone riding h22 dick telling me how it can still handle like a B-powered Civic, because it can't. Sorry, but that's the truth. So yeah, get the GSR swap with a LSD tranny. I have a JDM swap and I like it a lot. Best bang for the buck IMO.

seconded.......

GSR will give you more torque, and a few more ponies than the B16, and as a former owner of a H22 Prelude, i can tell you there is NOT as much aftermarket support for the H-motors.... GSR, all the way

Back