94 Integra GSR Swap Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tforste

Hi guys,
I'm currently looking at a 1994 Integra that has a nice body but an engine that is in rough shape (a B18C i think? It's the LS engine in a GSR Body). Anyway, the Tranny is bad and the Engine is having trouble so I was thinking about buying it for a project. (Also considering a civic, but I prefer the looks of the integra).

I found the article about what engines can swap into which Civics, but can't find one similar about Integras on this site.

Anyway, I was looking at a B16A1/2 engine and tranny to go into this Integra and was wondering if that's a fairly easy swap and if anyone else has any insight into what I'll need (diferent motor mounts, ect?).

I'm also open to other suggestions as far as engines, just let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot. I'm new to this, so I thought I'd try strating with something simple first and work my way up.

The motor will fit and work, but I don't think anyone here would recommend it. The B16 has very low torque, especially when dropping down from the B18A/B or even the B18C. I would recommend one of those for a simple replacement, but there are a lot of Honda motors that will "fit" in the Integra.

Is this going to be a daily driver or just a project/fun vehicle?

Thanks for the help.

I was also looking at a B18B which may be what's already in it. (I was worng, I'm pretty sure it's a B18B, not C in it). I think I'll make this one for a daily driver, and make some changes to it over some time, mainly to get the hang of it. Then try an actual Project/Fun car can come later .

Thanks for the help.

I was also looking at a B18B which may be what's already in it. (I was worng, I'm pretty sure it's a B18B, not C in it). I think I'll make this one for a daily driver, and make some changes to it over some time, mainly to get the hang of it. Then try an actual Project/Fun car can come later .

That's probably your best bet, it's definitely the easiest.

Thanks for the help.

I've been daily driving an Integra for over 8 years now. Take care of it and its a great daily.

Back