94 integra PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!IDLE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PLUSD

hi im new here so sorry if i dont do somethin right i justy bought a 94 integra ls and when i start it it shoots up to like 2700 almost 3k and stays there for a couple min then it will drop all of a sudden till like 1k or a little lower then shot right back up to 2500 i mean in a blink of a eye once warm it stays around 1500 a little lower but once driven it goes between 1500 and 2k ..i was thinking a vacume or iac or the thing under throttle body i forget whats it called ..or i wass thinking it might be the temp sencor cause i had this happen to a car before and it turned out to be the temp senser..and the temp gauge on the integra doesnt go to the half way mark it stays around 25% up maybe 30 but when on high way it dops like 15% so i dont know if the temp sensor is broke and it thinks it stilll cold so it given it more gas ...the motor it self is hot and both hoses for coolent are hot ..the fans dont kick on (fuse is good) maybe cuase the car thinks it still cold...also i took the intake off and put my finger over the top hole in there and the idle droped right down like where i think it should be ...im so fusterated with this ..if anyone has a idea or dam this problem please let me know again soory if i didnt do something right with this form thanks again

ok i found out it was a vac leek the throttle body was sucking air from all over i changed gasket and it sill leaks but thanks for ya help

Back