94 prelude JDM h22 runs fine cold then cuts out after warming up and hard to start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1joshgreer1

Hi I recently just purchased a 94 honda prelude with the JDM h22a swap out the guy swears the car ran perfect when parked about a year and a half ago I can start the car it runs fine cold the idle does bounce up and down though but revs fine and everything then after it warms up the idle goes down and eventually it starts to cut out/sputter and when you rev it up it just cuts oout and almost dies sometimes and after a few minutes or so it does die and is really hard to start up and if it does it is at like 200rpm maybe just barely spinning trying to get going and dies...I know it's getting fuel to the filter and into the fuel rail so that's not it....is there any common problems on these? I siphoned out the gas that had been there for the whole time it sat and put new gas in same thing still and when you crank it after it's warm and dies it does backfire

i have same problem with no cel codes, any1 got any ideas?

Main Relay should/could be changed. They tend to go out like that. Mine would start all day long (when it was cold) but if I tried to re-start right after I drove it.....no go. I cleaned the IACV and check volts and finally someone told me to try the main relay. Problem solved!

Also clean your IACV

Its worth a try....the part isn't that expensive.

Back