94 prelude si h2.3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

miker94 prelude

Hi! I have a 94 prelude with a H 2.3l. and I need to swap it out.need to find a good engine for it. what,is the difference between the red,blue,and black top on the these engines.which type of engine do you think would be best ?:driver:

Well if you're going to stay with the h series an h22 would probably be your best and easiest swap. The color thing I'm not 100% sure about so I'm not gonna comment on it.

I'm in the process of trying an H2B swap in my civic hatch. Using an obd1 H22A and a B16 trans. It's not ideal for a daily driver due to the gearing but there are other b series trannys out there that are better suited for highway speeds.

However they most affordable and simplest swap in your case would probably be the H22 (what he said lol ^ )

well i think all h22 h23 h23v-tec are great power plants what it comes down to is do you have the cash to make it fast and what do you want a track car a drag car or a daily driver and you will have to pick one cuz you can have all three and do you want a usdm or a j-spec

side bar i have a turbo h23 and it is a blast to drive and i have not found a h22 that can even hold a light to my car if i was you i would just take that cash and do what i did build my block from tha bottem up and turbo charge it but thats just me

In my own opinion the h series is a good n/a motor and can be built to be pretty powerful but it really is all about how much you're willing to spend. A powerful engine is not cheap anyway you look at it if your ready to spend a decent amount of money then maybe you should consider a k24 instead of an h series. Just a thought best of luck

well i think all h22 h23 h23v-tec are great power plants what it comes down to is do you have the cash to make it fast and what do you want a track car a drag car or a daily driver and you will have to pick one cuz you can have all three and do you want a usdm or a j-spec

side bar i have a turbo h23 and it is a blast to drive and i have not found a h22 that can even hold a light to my car if i was you i would just take that cash and do what i did build my block from tha bottem up and turbo charge it but thats just me
I like your idea but I've been looking at newer engines in ebay like 97s and up,would those engines work with my 94 or do i have to stay with in my years

You can use a newer engine. You just have to deal with the wiring differences. Your car is OBD1, and 97+ engines are going to be OBD2. I would advise keeping the car OBD1. Tuning is easier that way...

Back