1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

94 prelude si h2.3

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by miker94 prelude, Aug 17, 2011.

1. miker94 prelude

miker94 prelude New Member

Hi! I have a 94 prelude with a H 2.3l. and I need to swap it out.need to find a good engine for it. what,is the difference between the red,blue,and black top on the these engines.which type of engine do you think would be best ?:driver:

2. deucef22

deucef22 New Member

Well if you're going to stay with the h series an h22 would probably be your best and easiest swap. The color thing I'm not 100% sure about so I'm not gonna comment on it.

3. nicks00si

nicks00si New Member

I'm in the process of trying an H2B swap in my civic hatch. Using an obd1 H22A and a B16 trans. It's not ideal for a daily driver due to the gearing but there are other b series trannys out there that are better suited for highway speeds.

However they most affordable and simplest swap in your case would probably be the H22 (what he said lol ^ )

4. preludedude

preludedude New Member

well i think all h22 h23 h23v-tec are great power plants what it comes down to is do you have the cash to make it fast and what do you want a track car a drag car or a daily driver and you will have to pick one cuz you can have all three and do you want a usdm or a j-spec

side bar i have a turbo h23 and it is a blast to drive and i have not found a h22 that can even hold a light to my car if i was you i would just take that cash and do what i did build my block from tha bottem up and turbo charge it but thats just me

5. nicks00si

nicks00si New Member

I second that! with the money you would spend on a swap, you could make that car plenty fast

6. deucef22

deucef22 New Member

In my own opinion the h series is a good n/a motor and can be built to be pretty powerful but it really is all about how much you're willing to spend. A powerful engine is not cheap anyway you look at it if your ready to spend a decent amount of money then maybe you should consider a k24 instead of an h series. Just a thought best of luck

7. miker94 prelude

8. miker94 prelude

I like your idea but I've been looking at newer engines in ebay like 97s and up,would those engines work with my 94 or do i have to stay with in my years

9. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

You can use a newer engine. You just have to deal with the wiring differences. Your car is OBD1, and 97+ engines are going to be OBD2. I would advise keeping the car OBD1. Tuning is easier that way...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted