94 Prlude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prelude1994

Howdy, I want to swap a H22a Vtec into my 94 prelude non vtec. I was Just wondering what extra parts it would take, motors mounts, tranny ect.. any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

when you have the oldmotor out set them next to each other and compare them. there will have to be some wires extended (if your motor is f22) and it is just easier to hook up the wiring harness while the motor is out of the car. the driver side mount may have to be shaved down just a little bit so that it will fit. you can do that with just a hacksaw or grinder.

what engine do you have in there right now? If you have an h23, then it makes it REALLY easy. I used the stock transmission. If you use a JDM engine, your going to have to take a decent amount of parts from the h23 engine and put them on the h22a. I used the USDM p14 harness, which is wired for an extrernal coil, where the h22a from the factory has a internal coil. The solution is to use the h23 distributor and coil. In addition, the fuel rail is filled from the opposite side on JDM cars so your going to have to use the h23 fuel rail. I also swapped over any emission parts that the h23 had and the h22 didn't because I was using a USDM h22 ECU (you need to find a p13 ECU or chip a p28 or something like that)

Another one of the challenges for this swap is a p14 exhaust manifold will not fit a h22. So you use the h22 exhaust manifold, but then you run into the problem that the OEM stud pattern for the cat is slightly smaller then the acceptor holes on the manifold. The solution is to drill a hole to get them to work. The steal is pretty hard and thick so I just had a machine shop drill it for $10.

Back