94' Teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecrx

my sister got a 94' teg and she has done most of the usual maintenance for when you get a new car and every since sh got the dam thing the ABS light wont turn off and i thought that she might need to change her brake fluid but when we did it didnt fix the problem do i was wondering would the master cylinder going out cause the light to come on??? if not what do you think it is???? or could be??? any answers will help a lot thnx everybody! :worthy:

abs fluid, did you check that. that light comes on for a lot of reasons, do you have a manual? check pads and rotors. if all is ok then you may have a problem with the unit itself. take it to honda or a reputable place to have it checked out.

Also check all the ABS sensors. On the 93 Integra, the bolts that hold the sensors like to work themselves loose and when they got loose enough the sensor would not read properly and the ABS light would come on.

I had a car that did this, your ABS system may have some kinks in it. basicially (im almost sure) the light means that ABS is currently not functioning. Could be sensors, fluid, relays.

I am glad my car didn't come with it.

You all try driving in the northeast without ABS. I got used to it in the civ, but people think im a retard when I forget and start pumping the brakes on someone elses car. hehe.

Most cars did not have ABS until well into the 90's what do you think people did before then. Remember people used to drive heavy cars with 4 wheel drum brakes and no power booster everyday in all conditions ABS is not important.

i live in michigan.. hella snow up here. lucky for me i get to drive an acura 2.5 TL in the winter. but the abs is broken on that lol

Back