1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

94cord sedan swap

Discussion in 'Accord' started by fastacc, Jun 29, 2009.

1. fastacc

fastacc Doin work!!!

I just picked up a 94 accord 4 door with a blown f22b2 non Vtec auto in it. My plans were to get a 95 f22b1, but I can get an H22 with auto trans for like 30 bux more. My question is this. I heard the stock tcm will not work with the new auto trans. is this true? If so where in the hell am I going to find one? Also, can I use the harness from the F22b2 on the H engine? What ecu do I need to have? This is my first go around with an auto swap. I need to keep it that way so the wifee can drive it. Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Why not teach the wife to drive a stick?

3. fastacc

fastacc Doin work!!!

She could drive it fine with a standard but I really wasn't planning on doing all that to the car. I need this one quiet and comfy for the kid. It seems to be a pretty clean sedan, except for the paint. I just wanted a fresh drivetrain to make it a little more reliable for out of town trips. My daily now is an 87 chevy pickup that may get 10mpg if i'm lucky and hers is a Land Rover disco that may get 12. A sweet little Honda would be nice for a change. I regret getting rid of my 95 ex coupe. I'm not even sure if an H22 would be worth the trouble. I would leave the stock auto trans thats in it, but I don't know the shape its in. It has right at 130k on the odo and it seems they fried the rings on the stock engine. If I ran an F22b1 would I just need the correct ecu and wire in the vtec? I held up on the H22 because shipping was way high. Any opinions? I just want this one reliable.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted