94cord sedan swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fastacc

Doin work!!!
I just picked up a 94 accord 4 door with a blown f22b2 non Vtec auto in it. My plans were to get a 95 f22b1, but I can get an H22 with auto trans for like 30 bux more. My question is this. I heard the stock tcm will not work with the new auto trans. is this true? If so where in the hell am I going to find one? Also, can I use the harness from the F22b2 on the H engine? What ecu do I need to have? This is my first go around with an auto swap. I need to keep it that way so the wifee can drive it. Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks

She could drive it fine with a standard but I really wasn't planning on doing all that to the car. I need this one quiet and comfy for the kid. It seems to be a pretty clean sedan, except for the paint. I just wanted a fresh drivetrain to make it a little more reliable for out of town trips. My daily now is an 87 chevy pickup that may get 10mpg if i'm lucky and hers is a Land Rover disco that may get 12. A sweet little Honda would be nice for a change. I regret getting rid of my 95 ex coupe. I'm not even sure if an H22 would be worth the trouble. I would leave the stock auto trans thats in it, but I don't know the shape its in. It has right at 130k on the odo and it seems they fried the rings on the stock engine. If I ran an F22b1 would I just need the correct ecu and wire in the vtec? I held up on the H22 because shipping was way high. Any opinions? I just want this one reliable.

Back