'95 Accord LX 5 spd. clutch master bleed?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ragwing46

We just installed a new clutch master cylinder and clutch slave but we can't seem to get any fluid into the system, what are we doing wrong? the reservoir won't drain when we pump it clutch pedal.:(

That's " The fluid in the resevoir won't drain into the clutch master cylinder when we pump the pedal! Do we need to bench bleed the cylinder or is the bleed valve that little allen head plug in the cylinder?

If you have a hand pump that would be the best way to go. 1st plug the pump @ the slave cylinder, have an assistant press the clutch pedal several time by hand. hold it down, @ the slave cylinder pump the hand pump to create pressure, while ur assistant holding down the clutch , relase the bleeder screw @ the slave cylinder. repeat that step several time. its gonna require a lots of patient, i went threw that with my 96 honda accord, after i had to swap my auto to a manual.

the drain valve is on the slave cylinder. it has a little nipple and place for a wrench. put a small hose over the nipple and drain into a plastic bottle or somthing like it.

you shouldnt need an allen wrench. just an open/closed ended wrench. open the valve have someone push the pedal down, close it and have them let the pedal back up (but not before you close it). repeat until all of the air is out of the line.

Back