95 accord lx engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95 lx accord

Hi everyone, newbie to the site here. Go hard on me lol!! I have my 95 accord lx coupe 5 speed. I bought a f22b1 jdm engine of some guy from craigslist. im planning to do the swap myself. Just last month I replaced the clutch myself with the help of my buddies. So im not a complete rookie when it comes to working on cars. That was my biggest job ever and it was the biggest bitch ever!!! lol. Im going to change the water pump and timing belts while the engineis out. I got the ecu already. My questions are

1- My tranny has 220,000, and it grinds when racing. going to get new one but. Is there a difference between the ex and lx trans, and are they geared different?

2- I dont even know if this engine runs, there is alot of sut in the intake, what does that mean? bad sighn? the guy said it ran good.

3- what all do I need for the swap? is there a cam i can put in it? I ran accros these cams called vtec killers!! wtf are those?

Thank you guys for all the info. Mitchell

P.S. I love my honda. I ill post pics tommorow.

If your current tranny is grinding, then the first thing I'd probably do is STOP RACING IT. It's a stock, 4 cylinder Accord anyway...who are you racing?

look i own a 94 accord with the f22b1 and differance between the two is vtec and non vtec you really don't need to change much to do the swap, and i would not buy that engine i would just swap the head for the vtec head and yes they do make a cam for it, and no i have never heard of a cam called "vtec killer" not to say that there's not one

Back