1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 accord smell like gas

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by sittin'on20's, Nov 7, 2008.

1. sittin'on20's

sittin'on20's Sittin'on20's

Just a question...I've had my accord for over 2 years and sometimes it starts to smell like gas in cab:( Two friends of mine both drives accords a 94 and a 96 and they have the same problem. Do any of you know what causes it?:confused: Thanks!

2. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

leaking fuel somewhere??check the lines from the tank,up...maybe flooding a little?

3. cressidakiller

cressidakiller New Member

i guess leaky fuel injectors. esp u posting this in nov when its cold or colder. is it worse when its cold? mine was. i had a turbo lebaron that was 20 yrs old but only ~75k miles that had this problem. i'd step out of it smelling strongly of gas, not fun. i sold that car to my friend and after about a half year it got worse and worse mileage, eventually stranding him, he never fixed the injectors. sometimes ppl clean the injectors by hand, those liquid cleaners prob won't do much at this point.
    maybe gas cap related?

4. 4U2H8ME

4U2H8ME Beer its whats for dinner

Check the gas tank seal, they tend to go bad, and give off a strong gas odor in the car. It's noticeable when accelerating and after filling up.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted