95 accord with 96 engine no vtec HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrman6

I just got car, guy told me its a 96 accord engine f22b1 same as what was in car factory except obd2 .But it is running the stock ecu, No vtec.So he tells me its because i need to swap to a 96 ecu?Question is what do i need to do to get it working? Any help would be appriciated Mark

Was the engine converted to run OBD1? If so, then the VTEC should work. That ECU is perfectly capable of running it. Are you SURE the VTEC isn't working? SOHC VTEC on an Accord isn't the same as dual-cam VTEC on a GS-R or B16. It's much more subtle.

Any other issues? CEL? Give us some more info here...

Its got cel code 22 vtec silinoid but i took it apart and its clean plunger works fine ?

And no its not working as soon as i start car cel come on,So as far as i know it want work if cel is on?Thanks For any input

Oil pressure. If you dont have enough oil pressure to the solinoid you cel will set. If your driving a vtec car and dont do your oil change often enough, buring oil, or leaking oild, the oil level will not be high enough to build enought pressure to engage vtec. Ran in this a few time in the shop. Check your oil level. if its full, check the oil passages to the solinoid. If they are plugged or gummed up, that your problem.

Its full of oil,And i took the silinoid off and its clean not gummed up. And it worked fine in the the car it came out off ?

The car is a 95 ex so it came with vtec and the engine is 96 out of a accord not sure why its not working? still has the obd1 ecu in it?Ideas

No, Im talking about the oil passages to the solinoid. In the head itself. If your not getting oil threw the head to the solinoid, it wont matter if the solinoid works or not, no oil is no oil.

Besides that, it might also be your oil pressure sensor. If it is reading to low, it also wont engage vtec. Make sure it is operating correctly.

Just changed oil,And still engine light on?Ideas?

Also took vtec silinoid off and Spring and all parts cleaned it and run a pipe cleaner into head clean also? So to su it up everything to do with vtec silinois is clean as can be.So what to check next oil pressure?Car runs all the way up too 6000 rpm if his helps

Got it figured out Thanks for ???I dont know. I figured it out.

Back