95 accord with h22a parts question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spankyxxx

I am new to this so any help would be appreciated. Have 95 accord with 98 h22a are the axles the regular accord or prelude axle, and what tranny would be good, for this with a automatic.

I am new to this site as well, but have been tinkerin with the "H" motors and Accords for a few yrs now. And I have a 96 accord with a 98 h22a swapped. Either type of axle will work,the H22(prelude) axles are goin to be stronger,so if you plan to do a turbo application or nitrous or anything thatd make sugnifficantly more power then id use the prelude or a higher end axle.If your just goin to be doin minor bolt-ons then i wouldnt worry too much.my factory accord axles have held up fine with CAI,exhaust,header,plugs,wires,underdrive pulleys, and fuel rail,regulator,and cam gears.
As for the auto-tranny;depends on what your goin for.if your goin for gas mileage,then the factory f22 will suffice and youll still get a noticable gain in power.Now for speed, the H22 tranny is your best bet,youll still get around 20-22mpg,i believe and alot more power off the line. Also, the H23 tranny bolts up as well,but has longer gears then the h22 and shorter than the f22. overall i think youd be most satisfied with the H22 tranny.ive used the f22 & H22 and i have been most satisfied with the H22. Hope ive helped ya out a bit.lemme know which ya go with and how it works out for ya.

which axles you have depends on which intermediate shaft you used when you swapped it. if its the prelude intermediate shaft, you have the prelude axles.

i got a 95 accord ex n doing and doin a 95 jdm h22 swap wat do i ned because tyeirs links for the lx not ex

as far as axles go, just like it was said depends on the intermediate, i think the prelude d side axle has a female inner joint, and accord has male, and the trans depends on what you will be doing....are you looking for a daily driver or racing it, highway or city...the h22 trans has much shorter gears and as for the accord trans, very wide gears, better for highway and fuel ecconomy. example, im going 80mph in my h22a with the h22a trans the rpm is at about 4350 as the accord will be at around 3400. if i am off a little bit of the rpm's sorry, havent driven a f22a in a while neither have i drove me h22 in a while either due to broken parts from the strip

Back