95 b18b in 93 civic hatch problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gunz2165

ok i swapped a b18b into my friends 93 bubble back. he originally had a b18a that he blew up. i took the dizzy, intake manifold and harness off the b18a and put them on the b18b. everything is hooked up xcept the egr valve cuz theres no plug on the harness for it and various vac hoses that were previously blocked off on the b18a when he bought th car. the problem im having is the motor is hesitating a lil and kinda of popping when u go to take off. at idle it sounds like it has a misfire but im positive the firing order is correct for i got the correct firing order off this forum. i told him he needs to change his plugs cap and rotor,(the wires are brand new) can that be the reason that he is having this problem? the timing wasnt touched at all, in fact it still has the timing covers on it (which is rare to find in my area). can someone get back to me asap so i can get this car outta my driveway. all help is much appreciated. thanx. oo i also took the tranny and clutch off the b18a and but it on the b18b. also could an unplugged O2 sensor be causing this? the were unplugged when he had the b18a in his car.

Last edited:
ok heres the update that brings me to a new problem. i did a tune up on the motor and it run halfway decent now. but i cant get the motor to stop over heating. i changed the thermostat 2 times and it doesnt matter. its not leaking antifreeze anywhere. the fan will only kick on if the car is shut off. anyone have any ideas? this car is boggling my mind so freaking bad. every time i take 1 step forward im getting knocked back 3 steps. fix 1 problem get 2 more that pop up. i have never run into these problems or as many problems that i have had with this motor. its freaking annoying. can i please get help? 1 more thing i get on and off white smoke coming from the exhaust.

white smoke is generally a sign of burning coolant... ie: head gasket

hows your oil look

oil is good, nothing is mixing. but like i said itll smoke a few seconds and stop for a lil but. then smoke then stop. its weird.

Back