95 civic CX Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EdrikLongtail

Hey

Im getting a great deal on a 95 civic CX hatch, I havent been able to look at it but i was wondering if this a ok Trim model?.Because when i think CX and DX i think of an automatic cheaply made honda. But this is a 5 speed, so im guessing it comes with a tach ( i know stupid!) but i would like some info on this car. I know its cheaper but, would i have to upgrade the supension and stuff like lets say on a CRX HF where u gota do almost the hole front supension and change the hubs and spindels? or is good to go? and later on i can add aftermarket supension and all that crap :D

that is the best trim along with the vx since they are light "2094lbs" and they don't come with a tach. You have to put in a ex tach which is pretty cheap. I am currently looking for the same exact trim model in white and I am having a tough time.

Milan

Hey man, I'm currently in the same situation. I have a '95 civic hb CX (stick) that's on hold for me for 2g's. It doesn't run right now, but I'm planning on dropping in a b18c1 asap. CX's are light and are the way to go.

i bought a 94 DX hatch and right now its guted, im waiting for my ls/vtec. i wanted to know what the diference between the CX and DX.

hey Jd.. idk if this good to tell ya or not. But the one that im looking at is white >=). And will the EX plug right in? or should i get the 5" monster rice tach?,lol

get the car...its light and a very good trim level to start out with!

Originally posted by EdrikLongtail@Jul 27 2003, 08:49 PM
but now im wondering about the Tach swap. Is just a simple plug and play?

Get an EX Gauge cluster with a tach. It plugs right in with no modifications needed.

I got a 95 CX HB (white) ;) with mini me swap done today actually....haveing small problems but should be running soon enough

MAN THE CX, DX ALL THOSE LITTLE 1.5 LITERS, CAN BOOGY, IF U DO IT RIGHT, I TOOK MY 1.5 SINGLE OVER HEAD CAM, AND SHE'S A KILLER, I GOT ARIES PISTON, FOR IT 9:2:1, COMP, CRANK WAS BALANCED, CROWER TITANIUM SPRINGS, CROWER CAM, EXTRUDE HONE PORTING, MODIFIED A EAGLE TALON TURBO, MY BEST TRACK TIME WITH SUBS, IN THE BACK, AND MY BUDDY IN THE PASSENGER SEAT, 13.9, I SMOKED A MUSTANG THAT DAY, YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I SPENT FOR THE WHOLE SETUP $2000 CANADIAN, BEST AND MOST RELIABLE SETUP IN MY OPINION, I'VE HAD LS/VTEC, GSR SETUP, AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY MAYBE NOT QUITE THE FASTEST, CHEAPEST AND LIKE I SAID MOST RELIABLE, TRY IT OUT YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED.

:wtf: for the money you spend on doing that shit you could have a itr. Just a couple simple boltons and you can run 13s, and have a hell of a lot mre room for improvment.

LISTEN THERE DUMB ASS, U KNOW HOW A TYPE R SETUP WOULD COST, $4000 US, I SPENT $ 2000 CANADIAN, U RETARD, I THINK ANYBODY WOULD BE HAPPY WITH JUST SPENDING $2000 CANADIAN WHICH HIS HALF WHAT U GUYX SPEND IN THE STATES, AND HAVE MY CAR RUNNIN MID TO LOW 13'S ON SETUP WORTH 1/3 OF WHAT IT WOULD COST FOR A TYPE R, LISTEN THINK BEFORE YOU POST, UR DUMB POST, YOU BRING YOUR CIVIC WITH THE TYPE R SETUP, AND ILL HAVE SPENT 1/3 OF WHAT U SPENT AND ILL STILL SMOKE U., IM JUST SAYIN FOR WHAT U GUYS WOULD SPEND DOWN THERE 1000-1500 US FOR WHAT I DID HIS WELL WORTH IT, LIKE I SAID IVE HAD THE LS/VTEC, AND THE GSR, U SHOULD REALLY INFORM URSELF BEFORE OPENING UR BIG ******* YAP
PEACE FAGGET

the ex cluster plugs right in, keep in mind that the odometer must be swapped out. the specs i found under articles
1992 Honda Civic Hatchback Specifications
CX hatchback: 2094lbs.
VX hatchback: 2094lbs.
DX hatchback: 2178lbs.
Si hatchback: 2326lbs

Key Differences:
*The CX and VX have a 10-gallon tank, while the DX and Si have the 11.9-gallon tank.

*Si and DX have a Rear wiper/washer

*Si and Dx have more tar for increased quietness in cabin.

*Si and Dx have side moldings and rear cargo cover standard.

*Si came with power mirrors, power sun roof.

*Si came with rear disc brakes, while DX, VX, CX came with rear drums.

*Si came with front, rear sway bars standard.

Conclusion:

Keep in mind these cars were weighed in stock trim. This means no air conditioning or radio because it was not a standard option in any vehicle. The VX and Si were the only hatchbacks to come with 2 mirrors and a tachometer as standard equipment. For wheels, the VX came with 9lb thirteen-inch alloy wheels while the CX and DX had thirteen inch steel wheels. The Si had the heaviest wheels coming with fourteen inch steel wheels with hubcaps.

So with this in mind, which hatchback is the best for a motor swap? Well, its widely accepted that the VX makes the best vehicle for a swap because its lightweight, has a passenger side mirror, has a tachometer, and is always pre-wired for VTEC. However, it really depends on what type of car you want to start with. For the best handling car in stock trim, the Si hatchback will be the best. Front/Rear sway bars along with rear disc brakes make for a nice package, despite its heaviness. In the end it’s a compromise, make your decision accordingly.
Hopefully this will help clear up any confusion about the options on these hatchbacks and their differences. Please note that the specifications didn’t really change between the years of 1992 through 1995 so most information listed here holds true for all 5th Generation hatchbacks.

Yea i got a 95 civic CX hatchback too in white, i got it with a zc swap in it for $1500, but i got in a car accident like a month ago
MAN THE CX, DX ALL THOSE LITTLE 1.5 LITERS, CAN BOOGY, IF U DO IT RIGHT, I TOOK MY 1.5 SINGLE OVER HEAD CAM, AND SHE'S A KILLER, I GOT ARIES PISTON, FOR IT 9:2:1, COMP, CRANK WAS BALANCED, CROWER TITANIUM SPRINGS, CROWER CAM, EXTRUDE HONE PORTING, MODIFIED A EAGLE TALON TURBO, MY BEST TRACK TIME WITH SUBS, IN THE BACK, AND MY BUDDY IN THE PASSENGER SEAT, 13.9, I SMOKED A MUSTANG THAT DAY, YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I SPENT FOR THE WHOLE SETUP $2000 CANADIAN, BEST AND MOST RELIABLE SETUP IN MY OPINION, I'VE HAD LS/VTEC, GSR SETUP, AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY MAYBE NOT QUITE THE FASTEST, CHEAPEST AND LIKE I SAID MOST RELIABLE, TRY IT OUT YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED.

Nice man, how much power did u get out of the turbo to run a 13? seein as the stock hp on a CX is 70hp :)

here is my 95 cx
s3e8de6f5b745f.jpg

Originally posted by civickiller99@Jul 31 2003, 06:58 PM
LISTEN THERE DUMB ASS, U KNOW HOW A TYPE R SETUP WOULD COST, $4000 US, I SPENT $ 2000 CANADIAN, U RETARD, I THINK ANYBODY WOULD BE HAPPY WITH JUST SPENDING $2000 CANADIAN WHICH HIS HALF WHAT U GUYX SPEND IN THE STATES, AND HAVE MY CAR RUNNIN MID TO LOW 13'S ON SETUP WORTH 1/3 OF WHAT IT WOULD COST FOR A TYPE R, LISTEN THINK BEFORE YOU POST, UR DUMB POST, YOU BRING YOUR CIVIC WITH THE TYPE R SETUP, AND ILL HAVE SPENT 1/3 OF WHAT U SPENT AND ILL STILL SMOKE U., IM JUST SAYIN FOR WHAT U GUYS WOULD SPEND DOWN THERE 1000-1500 US FOR WHAT I DID HIS WELL WORTH IT, LIKE I SAID IVE HAD THE LS/VTEC, AND THE GSR, U SHOULD REALLY INFORM URSELF BEFORE OPENING UR BIG ******* YAP
PEACE FAGGET

ahh i dont think you would smoke a civic w/ a type r motor in it.

IT WOULD BE CLOSE AND I STILL SAVED $ 4000 US, MY CARS MORE SHOW THEN GO, MY BUDDY SAID THE TURBO IS PROBABLY PUSHIN 6-9 PSI, HE SAID WITH ALL THE INTERNAL ENGINE MODS, DC HEADER EXHAUST, INJEN INTAKE, IM PROBABLY PUSHIN 160 TO 180 HP. LIKE I SAID 13.9 @ 119 MPH IS MY BEST, WITH MY 180 LB BUDDY, IN THE CAR AND SUBS BLASTIN TO PISS BUDDY IN THE MUSTANG OFF, MUSTANG BOY RAN A 14.1, IT WAS FUNNY,I LOVE SHOWIN PEOPLE MY SOMEWHAT STOCK LOOKIN D15.
PEACE BOYZ

Back