95 civic DX overheating!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ernestoexpresso

My civic is overheating the radiator is circulating it's been running good for about a month without a thermostat and yesterday it started over heating does it need a thermostat ? We flushed the radiator and motor out there's no water in my oil and when it gets really hot it starts to miss really bad does anyone know the probleM

You need a thermostat, that's why you are over heating. They're like 8 bucks I think and it takes 10 minutes to put in. Also make sure your fan is running right if at all because that can cause it to get a little hot too.

i put a new thermostat in and its still over heating 1 of my sparkplug wires went out so now its missing bad and steams coming out of the exhaust pipe but still no water in my oil

check all of your sensors like crxpower said, even if theres no water in your oil it doesnt mean it cant be your head gasket, is there oil leaking around there? like near the corners of the block where the headers are

Multiple meter check for ohms, and it's sounds like a head gasket, cool the car down fill the radaitor leave cap off start the car and burp the cooling system if it keeps bubbleing presisantly then it's your head gasket

have you look at the wirering it may just be a wire short circuiting and if its not it has to be the head gasket for sure because that happent to my crx two wires where just short circuiting and that was activeting my overheating senseor

ok ill look at that i also have a 91 accord raditor in the car cuz the old one rotted out so could it be cirtcualting to fast ofr to slow?

I'm not sure what radiators are in 91 accord but if its what I think it has I'd think that would help cool your car even better than the stock civic, no?

ok i fixed the overheating problem no so pretty much the car is missing really bad at low RMP's and when it misses steam comes outta the muffler my friend said that i have a bad spot in the head is that what it sounds like?

if your smoking out the muffler and it sounds like its missing its probley a bad head gasket ( it happened to me) its either sucking down and burning oil OR water and could be mixing

yeah man it really sounds like a head gasket, which sucks honestly, either that or you can have some internal problems but I doubt that.

if you're gonna throw another head on it you should change the head gasket anyway, so you're good to go on that and I just think since the bolts are gonna be out you might as well change them, wouldnt hurt. Good luck

Back