95 civic engine problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rhdtyper

I have a 95 civic ex, the problem just started about two days ago. I started like normal, it started up fine for about 5 minutes then the engine kept reving up and down while it was parked, but not going higher than 2500 rpm. It would keep doing this untill the car finally warmed up which took at least 10-15 minutes. Then just today I noticed that my cars taking a little longer to heat up, plus now it's starting to overheat. I think it might be the thermostat but not sure. Anyone have any solutions?? The car has 170,000 miles no mods

the idle problem is the idle control valve...it's probably dirty and has debris in it. the overheating thing is probably the thermostat. change it out and see if that clears it out.

I had the same issue, ended up that there was very little coolant left. All i had to do was fill it back up, and it seems to run fine now.

well trying that definately won't hurt...

the IAC valve is a very common problem mine was f-ed up for a long time it would rev up and down like that but the IAC valve and the themostat are both easy to fix

if the iac valve doesnt fix it get a can of starting fluid and spray around the throttle body and where ur intake mounts to the head and if it clears up then thats where ur problem is

Back