95 civic EX/B16a2 swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ghostrider95

Im buying and b16a2 SIRII here soon and had a few question before i started.
1. Hassport motor mounts? or can I go cheap ebay ones?
2. do i need walbro fuel pump?
3. can i use my d16z6 shift linkege?
4. need a link for wiring diagram.
5. Lsd tranny worth buying with swap?
this is my first swap so anything will help! thanks.

1 - i like the hasports... but you could use stock honda mounts... i would stay away from the cheap shit on ebay (for anything)
2 - not needed
3 - you will need an integra one (or a 92-00 b series civic one)... most swaps will come with a linkage (if you buy from a place thats worth half a shit)
4 -
5 - for the amount they generally charge, yeah i would say its worth it

4. Try to get a OBD1 SirII B16A swap. Use the engine harness for the D16Z6 and you'll just have to extend a few lines (VTEC, VTEC Oil Pressure, O2) But it should all plug right up.

Hey CAFROG where did you get ur swap at? and OBD1 SirII B16A is the 2nd Gen.? (A2) correct?

B16A2 is ONLY the 99/00 Civic Si USDM and it's OBD2

JDM had OBD0, 1, 2 for B16A (no number after the "A"....that's a USDM thing)

SirII is OBD1 but have heard it refered to as OBD2 as well. For ease of the swap.....get a OBD1 swap.

I was reading you swap post and you put a lightened flywheel in your swap. did you have any problems with one? recommend it? was on the way to buy a stage 2 clutch and aluminum flywheel also. do you have any pics of how you wired you vtec etc.?

if u need a stock p28 so you can get it chipped,,, i got one up for sale...

I EXTENDED the wires on the D16Z6 engine harness (aka made them a little longer) but they truly plug into the B16A (OBD1) sensors, etc.

I do not think the flywheel was really worth it. It made the motor rev faster but (in hind sight) not worth the money.....jsut re-surface the stock flywheel.

Back