95 Civic EX w/ OBD0 B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StreetRicers

What sensors would need to be changed or switched over, to get the obd1 harness to work? The only reason that I am doing this swap is because, i got a great deal on the shell, and an even better deal for the motor and trans. Also, the Civic is an automatic, but I have a 5spd lsd cable trans. What mount would work for this, or would i need to custom fab one up? Meaning buy one and extend it.

Stole this first part verbatim from another site because they said it better than I could.

1. Use OBD1 ECU (P28 chipped, P72 chipped, P30)
2. Use a B16a or B18C distributor (can't use OBD0 dizzy with an OBD1 ECU)
3. Use some OBD1 injectors from anything but a CX or VX hatch
4. Use a OBD1/2 B16A header
5 If not an EX or Si run wiring for the VTEC solenoid, VTEC pressure switch, and knock sensor (you'll have to add knock sensor regardless what model it is).
6. You'll have to use an OBD1 throttle body with a MAP sensor on top or grab a wall mounted MAP sensor and mount it in your bay somewhere.
7. Run wiring for the fan switch to the back of the block where the OBD0 fan switch is.

You're also going to be doing an auto-manual conversion. First you'll need all the parts. The swap itself should have a few of the parts.

Things you will need-
Clutch Master Cylinder with reservoir, Clutch Slave Cylinder, Clutch Lines- This is so you can use the Hasport Hydro to Cable kit. There may be a way to customize the thing so you can run it as if it was a EF or DA cable system, but I'm not aware of it.
Pedal Assembly
Shift Linkage
Manual Console Piece- You could get this, or break out the Dremel. The auto one will not work unmodified.
Shifter Assembly

Now a sticky situation- Mounts. You'll need a set for a B-series into an EG/DC, stock or aftermarket. You're problem lies in the transmission mount. They make them for Hydro to Cable conversions and Auto to Manual conversions. But not one for both. I think the easiest solution would be to change out the auto mount location for the manual one (cutting and welding involved), then use the hydro to cable conversion kit.

Last edited:
Back