95 Civic Fresh Start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

santanashonda

I have a 95 civic lx 1.6 swap. Moved out of state and left car with my family for 3 years. Well now I finally moved my car with me and now want to get it back on the road. It had some gas left in the tank and also had all other fluids in vehicle. Where would I start to get it going? If there is more info needed please let me know and thank you in advance for any responses.

Change out the oil and drain the gas tank. You may want to purge out the fuel lines. Check the condition of the drive belts, brakes, and tires.

check the brakes, make sure the calipers still move. draining and replacing the coolant wouldnt hurt either. you may want to drop the oil pan to make sure there is no sludge in the bottom.

i once did a rehab on a little nissan truck that had sat for over 3 years. had to replace brakes, tires, oil, and did a tune up. it ran great for a minute, until it got warm and the oil light came on. dropped the pan and it had a thick layer of oil sludge that had clogged the pickup. that little truck ended up being great, later on down the road i did flush the brake fluid and coolant just cause, but never had any problems with it.

Thanks to the two previous posts on giving me advice.
Quick update: I changed all that was mention in the above posts and also went ahead and changed out: front brake rotors, all wheel studs & lug nuts, rear brakes, and had to replace two engine mounts. Well now it seems I have a different problem. My headlights wont switch on. They will dim and also can click on the high beams but the regular lights wont turn on. I was told to switch out the headlight switch to fix this. Well switched out and still turns on just the dim and high beams but still no regular lights? What else could this be?

Back