95 Civic Hatch to a 96 conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
While browsing through Cardomain.com i came across a 5th gen hatch with 96 front end conversion. Then later he did a 6th gen si conversion. Check it out here. But anyway is it pretty straight foward to do? All he says he does is cut back the fenders alittle and it seems to bolt right up. I was thinking about doing the same thing but having 6th gen si taillights also. But will the frontend just bolt up or will there be alot of work to be done with it besides cutting the fenders. If anyone has any ideas please help out... Thanks

This honda recycler where i live has the hood, bumper cover and the headlights for 275. i was thinking about it seriously, but i dont want to have to do a whole bunch of crap to my car and it not work. I have a perfectly fine 95 si but i just want to make it look more aggressive i guess and do something no one has. where i live atleast. Like there is a guy with a 93 vx and has a 98 integra frontend and he said it wasnt hard at all. So i m hoping that it will be just as easy.

i don't know but i like the EG lights better. In order to fit, the radiator support bracket will have to come off and slap on the 99 one. then pretty much the holes should either line up or fabricated. The radiator support is spot welded, so you need to drill into it, and then reweld the new one on.

The eg lights are nice but i have had 2 5th gen civics in the past 3 years. Swapped b18c1 in a 95 coupe. And now a 95 d16z6 si. I want to do a headlight conversion just because i m tired of my headlights but i love the eg...

Decent condition. The bumber is stock silver color. The lights are good but they are just stock ones, nothing special.

Shipping would just be too much. The $275 deal is more worth it.

to do the conversion it is not alot of work to people who know what theyre doing to people who dont know what theyre doing it is alot though,

you need a set of fenders, headlights, hood, bumper and radiator/core support,

you need to drill off the present radiator/core suppot and weld the new one on perfectly even so the hood fits right, then you need to cut your present fenders in half like in the middle of the wheel well and weld them up with the front halves of the 96 fenders but once again this is very tricky and needs to be 100% precise and then it will be simple, but that is the real tricky and messy stuff, you will defnitley need to be painted since you have to weld

I have a 95 hatch with a 2000 si conversion. I got it back from the paint shop 3days ago (bmw m3 color laguna seca blue). It takes alot of time. I got my directions from.....http://www.cardomain.com/id/hatchbackproject.
So it can be done, has been done and looks f*cking cool!!!!!!!

what you need...
1. 2000 hood
2. (2) 2000 fenders
3. 2000 si grill
4. 2000 bumper cover
5. 2000 si lip
6. a pair of headlights (your pick).....aftermarket?
7. a bumper support
8. a radiator support
9. a shit load of time
10. all the parts can be bought for $225.00 usd or less at www.certifit.com

ps: I'll have pics next week for the asses above!

Turbocrazy2

Back