1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 civic hatch with 1st gen B16A swap???

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 91jdmteg, Jan 3, 2005.

1. 91jdmteg

91jdmteg Senior Member

I've got a chance to buy a 95 civic with a 1st gen B16a swap was OBDO and is now converted to OBDO1. The car came factory with a auto in it, So instead of swapping it to a 5spd the guy put a auto back into it. That came with the b16a, Thats not really a problem I can swap all that! What i'm wondering is with the motor being OBDO and the car being OBDO1 Will there be any problems i should look for??? Is it a reliable swap? It was all done by a honda tech and all a/c and power steering works 100% and no dummy lights on everything works great. I'm just wondering if it's going to be trouble? Thanks :D

2. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

get an SiR2, not the zero version.

3. 91jdmteg

91jdmteg Senior Member

It's already in the car. Not my choice.

4. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

you shouldn't have a problem if the egine is running and you have no cel then you are good just do the tranny swap and you are good just make sure that it is a hydro tranny!

5. 91jdmteg

91jdmteg Senior Member

It's in and running fine. What do you mean "have no cel"? <_<

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

He means the Check Engine Light (CEL) isn't on when driving.

7. 91jdmteg

91jdmteg Senior Member

No, none of the lights are on. It runs fine, So do you think it'd be a o.k. car to purchase? Actually he wants to trade me for my 91 integra. The only reason i was thinking of doing it was trade a basicallly stock 91 integra for a 95 civic hatch with a b16a swap, I thought i was a good deal. But i was just concerned about the whole obd1>obdo. But the motor's in there and runs fine no lights, weird idling, etc. Runs smooth.

8. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

hey if it runs mint, than you arent gonna have any wiring probelms changin the tranny and stuff. the only reason he said get an SIR second gen. b 16 is because even though it says they have the same hp rating, the second gen. kicks the first gen's ass.

my buddy had a 89 civic hatch with first gen and another buddy with a 94 civic coupe with a b16 sir, (sec. gen.) and every time he spanked him, not even a chance, had him by 3 car lengths after second gear! :lol:

and yeah that doesnt sound like a bad trade.! ;)

9. 91jdmteg

91jdmteg Senior Member

So you guys think it's worth messing with? It's gonna be my daily driver.

10. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

If it's a a sound swap, than I don't see why not.

11. 91jdmteg

91jdmteg Senior Member

From what i can tell it is. I mean he has all the receipts on the motor and installation.The only reason i was considering doing it is if the hatch would be quicker than my 91 b18a integra

12. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

a 95 hatch is more valuable than a 91 LS integra. it seems like he is trying to dump it off on you for some reason. do you know him personally? is he a good trustworthy friend or someone you met on the internet?

13. 91jdmteg

91jdmteg Senior Member

I don't know him personally. But He's been upfront about the car and everything.

14. formby

formby learning in progress

ultimately tegs are heavy...i've had 2ndgn.......my crx is sooomuch lighter and better to drive...check the engine first ....give him a check...buy an m/t tranny and the engine will break....they all do....shit happens....fix it

15. 91jdmteg

91jdmteg Senior Member

What do you mean they all do??? Those kind of engines or just shit in general?? I'm not buying the car I'm swapping my 91 integra str8 up for it. He was honest about everything he even told me that the hatch was worth more than my car but he liked my car. He used to have one it got totaled and he's wanted another one ever since. The hatch was built for his girl thats why it's a auto and it used to be a SPL car. It was sponsered by KICKER had like 2 18's in it so the backseats are gone. It's got all the panels in it and he put the lower part of the back seat in. It just needs the upper part. He said he drove it from memphis to florida twice for car audio sound shows and never had a problem with it. They got out of that scene and his girl gave him the car and he doesn't want it, He wants a integra so he offered me the deal. :) I just want to do some research on the swap and etc before i jumped into anything. Thanks for you guy's info. :D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted