95 Civic Si Engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

limpboy57

will a 95 civic si engine fit into a 89 civic dx hatchback?

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 13 2003, 11:51 PM
are the kenedy's gunshy?

:lol: :lol: :lol: gunshy :lol: :lol: :lol: Kennedy's :lol: :lol: :lol: Yea it will fit,but since the 95 civic fits a b series with b series mounts and you need a mount kit to put a b in a 89,then guess what?

Seriously! look at any engine part for a 95 civic. The same part #'s for the ex/si! SAME MOTOR! D16Z6 I wouldn't lie to ya mang.

I know that,what I was saying is that in order to PUT a Bseries in a 95 you can use stock mounts,but to put it in a 89 you need to use a mount kit,there for you would probably need to use a mount kit to place a d16z6 in a 89 instead of the d16a6,but now that I think about it you may not.I wasn't saying that a b16 came in the 95 usdm si.

This actually came up in discussion way back. Lets do a crude comparison: D16A6 = medium; D16Z6 = tall; B16A = tallest. Now as it has been established, the B needs a mount kit in the 4th gen because it is too tall and will hit the hood (not because its mounts are in the wrong place, as most people think). The reason it doesn't need the kit in the 5th gen is that the engine bay is just a little taller than in the 4th gen. However, any D series engine is short enough (as in not tall enough) to fit into the 4th gen without trimming hood supports (except the DOHC D engines).

Originally posted by djextremity@Jan 14 2003, 11:25 AM
This actually came up in discussion way back. Lets do a crude comparison: D16A6 = medium; D16Z6 = tall; B16A = tallest. Now as it has been established, the B needs a mount kit in the 4th gen because it is too tall and will hit the hood (not because its mounts are in the wrong place, as most people think). The reason it doesn't need the kit in the 5th gen is that the engine bay is just a little taller than in the 4th gen. However, any D series engine is short enough (as in not tall enough) to fit into the 4th gen without trimming hood supports (except the DOHC D engines).

I know why,I just wasn't sure if that gen was short enough to clear.Thanks :D

For some people who responded on here do not reply to posts unless you know what you are talking about. The z6 fits in no problem. You will retain your current tranny or get a crx si one. 3 of the 4 mounts to fit the engine in your car are on the tranny. Then with the mount on the drivers side of the engine you need to take off of your 89 motor, including the L bracket. You willhave to trim the timing cover a little to make it fit but other than that this is an easy swap. You will have to rewire this for the new engine especially if your car is a dx or std.

Back