95 civic si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mkp102588

I'm not sure if this is where i'm supposed to post, but i'm sure somebody will correct me.

I basically have a 95 civic si shell. I am wanting to build EVERYTHING from the ground up. I'd like to run between 200-250 hp in the end. I just am looking for some information, so any would be appreciated.

BTW assume I have zero experience with cars at all.

Thanks guys :D

easy then, buy you a k20a. some good cams,race header, and cold air intake. and k-pro ecu. and you will have your 250whp

maybe the whole money is no issue thing shouldn't have been said lol. I thought it would be like 4,000 or 5,000ish

lol nah give or take 10 grand on a good k series built like that lol. but you can source out a k20a2 or z and do the full swap with kpro for 6 grand. thats really the way to go. because it will be a stock motor with kpro so it will still be good and reliable. and it will meet your hp goals.

Just FYI, a K-series is really the only type of 4 cylinder Honda engine you can swap in that will fairly easily make that sort of power while staying naturally aspirated. Anything else, you'll need a big, expensive engine build, or turbo.

You could also look in to a V6 swap, although I doubt you'll get out the door for 5k on one of those either...

Come to Dallas- H22 on B series transmission installed for $2500 (a few years ago anyway), easy 220whp or more. The rest of the car's build you'd have to take care of yourself or pay extra.

The only way you're going to get it all done for your budget if your shell is bare is to do it yourself too.

Back