95 CIVIC WITH WEIRD ENGONE HEAD COMBO

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FTPRACING

ok this car was used for drag guy ripped out the built internals.

left me the arp studs, and a head without caps or cams

the motor is a d15b7
the head only says "hm 4"cant seem to match up the intake to any other civic or integra ive seen

i got a spare d15b1 any good?

also there is a d16a1 dohc at the local pickapart any good for turbo?

id like to stick with the dohc for the turbo reasons

and if any one could tell me wtf i have set up in that car id be happy and if some one could tell me how to set it back up id be happier
id like to keep it cheap most the money goes into the 4dr

as far as i know the motor is only missing thr cams,cam caps, distributer,rods, pistons
the timing belt is some $140 race belt? h/d is what the guys dad told me. car ran mid 12's on 12 psi and 50 shot
729844_140_full.jpg

729844_143_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_image...44_142_full.jpg

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 4 2005, 01:18 AM
So...you have a DOHC on a D15B7 block? post a pic of the motor code.
[post=494801]Quoted post[/post]​

i believe him, im guessin its the same as the zc dohc / a1 head.? :huh:

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 4 2005, 01:18 AM
So...you have a DOHC on a D15B7 block? post a pic of the motor code.
[post=494801]Quoted post[/post]​

729844_144_full.jpg

im trying to figure out wtf its off of. im thinking its integra? the intake looks like the stock d15b7 intake but its a sohc stock

dont mind the oil the engine bay is full of oil not sure y the motor didnt blow i think the oil relocation hose blew off there about 30' of stanless in the bay i gotta go through it and clean it up.

nice thing is the car came with 3" turbo piping and traction bars

Yeah its a d16a1 or ZC head

If the valve cover bolts are around the outside its a later ZC head(out of jdm 4thgen civics), If the are in the middle its the early ZC head(found in the jdm G1 teg and G3civic/1g CRX)
I am not to sure looking at the pics..

Yes but the engine/tranny will not bolt into you car...so you can't use it unless you make custom mounts and get cusstom axles.

Originally posted by old Skuul Hatch@May 4 2005, 09:17 AM
Yeah its a d16a1 or ZC head

If the valve cover bolts are around the outside its a later ZC head(out of jdm 4thgen civics), If the are in the middle its the early ZC head(found in the jdm G1 teg and G3civic/1g CRX)
I am not to sure looking at the pics..

Yes but the engine/tranny will not bolt into you car...so you can't use it unless you make custom mounts and get cusstom axles.
[post=494901]Quoted post[/post]​

yea its just the integra motor no tranny. i should be able to switch the motor brackets right?
it looks like the car has hasport mounts already

as far as the bolt holes, there is nobolt holes in the head i see so the cap bolts are the cover mounts. im guessing 4 bolts but inner or outer i have no clue

Originally posted by FTPRACING@May 4 2005, 09:03 PM
talked to guy its a zc head but doesnt know year
[post=495288]Quoted post[/post]​

it is definitely a D16A1 Integra head - as someone posted before, the ZC has tabs sticking out (2 front & 2 rear) for attaching valve cover
wNTQ5MjM2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Back